PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Welcome. My advice is to break in your pipe correctly, don't let it get too hot, pack gently, and smoke a non aggressive mild tobacco until you get a feel for becoming one with your pipe and finding your moments of zen with meditative smoking. Once you've mastered that, the heavier and more interesting blends won't run you off. I just finished my second bowl of Haddo's Delight. It beats me up some, but not more than I enjoy it. As a new smoker it would have put me off from smoking. Just my two cents.

Reactions: UncleRasta

depriest1022

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 6, 2021
Arkansas
www.researchgate.net
Welcome. My advice is to break in your pipe correctly, don't let it get too hot, pack gently, and smoke a non aggressive mild tobacco until you get a feel for becoming one with your pipe and finding your moments of zen with meditative smoking. Once you've mastered that, the heavier and more interesting blends won't run you off. I just finished my second bowl of Haddo's Delight. It beats me up some, but not more than I enjoy it. As a new smoker it would have put me off from smoking. Just my two cents.
Thanks!!!

deuceswild818

Might Stick Around
Mar 21, 2021
Charleston, SC
Great advice!

deuceswild818

Might Stick Around
Mar 21, 2021
Charleston, SC
@Servant King Thank you, yes it is terrible to find anything here..been spending a lot of time online trying to get started but it looks like I am late to the party for many of the blends I may favor. I've been mostly smoking on Peter Stokkebye flakes(Navy and Twist) which are both great, now I just need another pipe or two and to start a cellar.

@cosmicfolklore Where abouts in Dixie? Heading that way next week, hoping to hit some B&Ms while I'm in SC.
If you're driving through Birmingham Alabama, check out The Briary in Homewood, just a tad south of the Magic City. The Briary is a high end pipe shop with an excellent selection of tobaccos. Great people!

I'm from close to there, in Helena, a little further south.

Ahhh, I just read the mistake... The Heart of Dixie is Alabama, the Heart of the Heart of Dixie is Birmingham. You probably won't be going through here if you are going to SC. And, if you are going to South Carolina... I'm sorry. puffy

@cosmicfolklore Haha, no worries. I'll be flying, but wasn't sure where the Heart of Dixie was. I'm very fond of the South so this is a look into where I may bring my family. Have never been to Alabama, I bet it a nice place.
I like it here. As to whether you'd like to visit all depends on what you like to do. Our beaches, from Dauphin Island to Gulf Shores are absolutely the most beautiful in the world, top ten stuff. If you like to camp, fish, hunt, bike, outdoorsy stuff, we have the best state parks in the world also, Oak Mountain has some of the most intense Mountain Bike trails, where Olympiads and pros work out.
If you like the nightlife, well, once covid has passed... we have some awesome theaters, old ones that have been rejuvenated beautifully. If, like me, you just like to rent a convertible and drive around the countryside enjoying the beautiful old world scenery, we got a bunch of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.