PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backstepper23

Lurker
Feb 24, 2021
CT
New to the forum and new to pipe smoking. I already gained a tremendous amount of information from here. So I figured I would chronicle some of my experiences for someone else down the road. I was able to pick up a dusty Nat Sherman Canadian at a local B&M to start with and purchased a Savinelli Regimental Rusticated that should be arriving today. I’m interested in trying all kinds of blends, but frustrated that there are so few B&M’s in the area for selection perusing and expert discussion(by few I mean none within an hour drive).

Looking forward to reading all the discussions here though! Especially the reviews.

Backstepper23

Lurker
Feb 24, 2021
CT
Welcome from central N.C. Likely you know Nat Sherman store in Manhattan closed about a year ago, so your pipe is a piece of history.
Thanks for the welcome. I do know that. When I finally found a shop that had some pipes, this one really stood out. However, the shop not really being a pipe retailer, mostly cigar, cigs and the ever growing variety of vape products, I started research to see if the price was appropriate. I couldn’t find anything on the pipe, but ended up getting enough history on Nat Sherman to write a college dissertation.

Reactions: ofafeather

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida. I would check out the OWL shop in Worcester if you are near their. ALso their is a shop in downtown Hartford. I am not sure if thee same owners are still running it, but they are real pipe guys, not some kid selling glass pipes.

Reactions: Backstepper23

Backstepper23

Lurker
Feb 24, 2021
CT
Welcome from Florida. I would check out the OWL shop in Worcester if you are near their. ALso their is a shop in downtown Hartford. I am not sure if thee same owners are still running it, but they are real pipe guys, not some kid selling glass pipes.
Thanks for the welcome. I know there’s an Owl shop in new haven. They are great tobacconists from what I remember from my college days. I have seen the Hartford shop online, but it’s a big risk to drive that far hoping they have some pipe paraphernalia. I appreciate the info though, I’ll have more confidence going up there knowing that.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Thanks for the welcome. I know there’s an Owl shop in new haven. They are great tobacconists from what I remember from my college days. I have seen the Hartford shop online, but it’s a big risk to drive that far hoping they have some pipe paraphernalia. I appreciate the info though, I’ll have more confidence going up there knowing that.
can always call and ask what they stock.

Reactions: Backstepper23
Status
Not open for further replies.