PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Mikerr

Lurker
Oct 5, 2024
I'm a returning pipe smoker after a 15year lay off. Began pipe smoking seriously in my very early 20s and am now 80 yrs old.
Have only ever smoked ''Falcon'' Bantam pipes mostly with Gold Block tobacco. Used to be an inhaler but am now trying/need to smoke more responsibly.
I've spent the last week cleaning and polishing the 5 Bantam stems and have managed to salvage 3 bowls. The other 2 bowls are still usable but look pretty burned out and tatty.
Along with the pipe kit discovered in my garage there was one 15 year old opened packet of Ogdens Gold Block and one new unopened 50 Gram packet of well matured tobacco.
I'm looking forward to learning lots of new ideas from the Forum and hopefully contributing a bit where I can.
Mike

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Welcome from Newfoundland. Surprisingly I’m just wasting time on my phone waiting for a tray of pasties to finish cooking and telling the kids about Cornish miners from last century.

Enjoy your well aged tobacco.

Reactions: Mikerr

Mikerr

Lurker
Oct 5, 2024
Welcome from Newfoundland. Surprisingly I’m just wasting time on my phone waiting for a tray of pasties to finish cooking and telling the kids about Cornish miners from last century.

Enjoy your well aged tobacco.
And you enjoy your pasties. I love them myself but they are no good for my waistline so only have the occasional one.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Welcome! Wife and I spent part of our honeymoon in Cornwall. Penzance was so fun, Cairn Euny was absolutely mythical, and we heard locals in Sancreed speaking what appeared to be Kernewek to each other and English to us. You're a lucky sort to live in God's country!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome! Wife and I spent part of our honeymoon in Cornwall. Penzance was so fun, Cairn Euny was absolutely mythical, and we heard locals in Sancreed speaking what appeared to be Kernewek to each other and English to us. You're a lucky sort to live in God's country!
Did you get to Port Wenn.....er Isaac? Sweet little port town,