PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

afitz71

Lurker
Aug 14, 2021
Cork Ireland
Good call. I checked out the pictures of the store and that was it. Do they still sell pipes.
Yes they do.I have bought several pipes off them over the years aswell as fishing tackle.The last purchase from them was a system standard 307.They also stock pipe smoking assessories such as 9mm filters,wire gauze,leather pouches,knives etc.For tobacco I go to north main street to kellehers they stock Condor RR
M McQuaid, Maltan,B&H Special Virginia,Clan & the 40g pouches of peterson tobaccos,not a great selection but it keeps me puffing.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Yes they do.I have bought several pipes off them over the years aswell as fishing tackle.The last purchase from them was a system standard 307.They also stock pipe smoking assessories such as 9mm filters,wire gauze,leather pouches,knives etc.For tobacco I go to north main street to kellehers they stock Condor RR
M McQuaid, Maltan,B&H Special Virginia,Clan & the 40g pouches of peterson tobaccos,not a great selection but it keeps me puffing.
So glad to hear this. I was fearful that Ireland had lost all of her pipe shops. My other pipe purchases , some of them anyway, we’re in Limerick at M Cahill. What a loss to Ireland loosing that shop was. It’s a tea shop now.

afitz71

Lurker
Aug 14, 2021
Cork Ireland
So glad to hear this. I was fearful that Ireland had lost all of her pipe shops. My other pipe purchases , some of them anyway, we’re in Limerick at M Cahill. What a loss to Ireland loosing that shop was. It’s a tea shop now.
I have visited Cahill's in wickham street Limerick, they still sell the OC blends I mentioned from Kellehers,aswell as tins of JJ foxes blends.They also sell Peterson pipes,some basket pipes and accessories,but you are right their main sale now is Tea.?
I'm lucky the town I'm from is Fermoy Co Cork it's 30 minutes drive to Cork City and the other side of me is Limerick City its about 70 minutes by car.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I have visited Cahill's in wickham street Limerick, they still sell the OC blends I mentioned from Kellehers,aswell as tins of JJ foxes blends.They also sell Peterson pipes,some basket pipes and accessories,but you are right their main sale now is Tea.?
I'm lucky the town I'm from is Fermoy Co Cork it's 30 minutes drive to Cork City and the other side of me is Limerick City its about 70 minutes by car.
That’s good to know. I hope to revisit Ireland again in a year for my third trip to the Emerald Island and hope to purchase some more lucky charms.

afitz71

Lurker
Aug 14, 2021
Cork Ireland
That’s good to know. I hope to revisit Ireland again in a year for my third trip to the Emerald Island and hope to purchase some more lucky charms.

Good stuff.00.56 here time for shut eye work later on.Nice chatting?

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
Welcome from Los Angeles. I feel obligated to say my grandfather was from Cork, although he came to the US sometime around the turn of the century (not the most recent one!). Last visit to Ireland included a wonderful few days there in about 2001 with my parents and aunt and my wife; still have family, on my mom's side, around Sligo and outside Dublin. (And lots are around here and Chicago.)

ChippewaAce

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2021
Tennessee
Welcome from Nashville, Tennessee! I just returned home from performing at Irish Fest in Milwaukee, Wisconsin over the weekend, biggest Celtic music festival outside of the Isle from what I was told!

Reactions: afitz71

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Welcome from New Zealand! I would love to visit Cork one day...my family left Cork for the new world a while ago, the wedding was in County Cork in 1838, but the birth of their first child was in Australia, in 1853...I have yet to find the ship they came out on, one of many ancestry puzzles I am working on!

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Cork Ireland--how cool! Welcome Anthony--Blessed by Life with Kiddos and Grandkids--May we be a blessing to You! Never been there but sounds delightful!!
kindly
mike

Reactions: afitz71
Status
Not open for further replies.