PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center
Welcome! That's unfortunate that you're moving to KC. They have practically no pipe smokers, pipe makers, or pipe repairmen of note and their football team is quite bad 🤥

There's a ton of great members here from the KC area and from what I gather the local pipe club is one of the best in the country.

SoupCan

Lurker
Sep 15, 2024
Welcome! That's unfortunate that you're moving to KC. They have practically no pipe smokers, pipe makers, or pipe repairmen of note and their football team is quite bad 🤥

There's a ton of great members here from the KC area and from what I gather the local pipe club is one of the best in the country.
I had barely considered pipe clubs until recently. I would occasionally read posts on this forum usually in the Tobacco Review or Tobacco Discussion categories but pipe smoking was a solitary and occasional pursuit for me. This past year as I smoked more I had some chance encounters with a couple other pipe smokers and was kind of surprised after sharing some tobacco and a smoke with them how much I found myself wanting to at least occasionally repeat experience of smoking with others. Once I'm over the hump of this move (coming at the end of the month) and somewhat settled back in KC I'll definitely have to check out the local club.

Reactions: AroEnglish

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center
I had barely considered pipe clubs until recently. I would occasionally read posts on this forum usually in the Tobacco Review or Tobacco Discussion categories but pipe smoking was a solitary and occasional pursuit for me. This past year as I smoked more I had some chance encounters with a couple other pipe smokers and was kind of surprised after sharing some tobacco and a smoke with them how much I found myself wanting to at least occasionally repeat experience of smoking with others. Once I'm over the hump of this move (coming at the end of the month) and somewhat settled back in KC I'll definitely have to check out the local club.
Yeah it is nice to share a bowl with others who also appreciate pipes and tobaccos. Off the top of my head @kcghost, @georged, and @RustiePyles CPG come to mind as in the area and have some connection to the club.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
@AroEnglish, several of us meet in Saturday's from noon until 4pm. They have a pipe club meeting on every third Thursday at 8pm at Cigar & Tabac at 105th and Metcalf. Go east on 105th Street and turn at the first left and then right into the shopping center. It is on the extreme southeast corner of the shopping center.

• Love
Reactions: AroEnglish

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center
@AroEnglish, several of us meet in Saturday's from noon until 4pm. They have a pipe club meeting on every third Thursday at 8pm at Cigar & Tabac at 105th and Metcalf. Go east on 105th Street and turn at the first left and then right into the shopping center. It is on the extreme southeast corner of the shopping center.
One day I hope to join you guys but for now I'll live vicariously through @SoupCan.

Reactions: kcghost

SoupCan

Lurker
Sep 15, 2024
One day I hope to join you guys but for now I'll live vicariously through @SoupCan.
I'll have to come say hello at Cigar and Tabac once I'm back in KC next month. When I lived in KC previously I had just started with pipe smoking and that shop managed to escape my attention before I left. Eager to come check it out.

Reactions: kcghost