PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty

Lurker
Mar 27, 2021
Bedford, VA
Thought I’d introduce myself. Originally from Walnut Cove, NC. Made my first corn cob pipe with my older brother’s help at eleven years of age and got my ass tanned stealing from my pappy’s can of Granger. When I turned 17, I enlisted in the navy as a diver. Retired and settled down in Bedford as I promised my wife. Worked for the US Postal Service and now I’m a double dipper. I mainly sit on my porch when not working through my honey-dos smoking a cob of Granger and sipping iced sweet tea.

So I’ve been smoking Granger in cobs everyday since ‘56. Now I’ve a mind to try other things and I figure it’s not too late for this salty dog to learn new tricks.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Never expected to find another person from Walnut Cove here, even to most people in the area I just say I'm from near Winston-Salem because if they don't know the Stokes county area they've never heard of Walnut Cove. Welcome!

Reactions: Salty

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Started at 17, now 47 and am working my way back to a single blend.

Welcome aboard from Central Kentucky!

Reactions: Salty

Salty

Lurker
Mar 27, 2021
Bedford, VA
Never expected to find another person from Walnut Cove here, even to most people in the area I just say I'm from near Winston-Salem because if they don't know the Stokes county area they've never heard of Walnut Cove. Welcome!

Small world, ain’t it? Now to be honest, I left in 1962 and never looked back. Not sure if I would recognize the place now.

Status
Not open for further replies.