PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnfolkmike

Might Stick Around
Oct 27, 2013
Hello folks, My name is Mike, I have been lurking for the past few years and figured i might as well, go ahead and join the crew.. You all seem like you got a great community going here.. There is tons of info..
I have smoked a pipe on and off for the past 4-5 years or so, and it seems over the past few months i have been enjoying it more and more.. I have scored a few more pipes and also picked up a few other blends, i have been wanting to try out..

So far i am not too picky when it comes to flavors, Enjoy English blends as well as aromatics.. I LOVE Lane 1Q and have almost smoked that exclusively over the past few years.. I have a few of other blends and am always looking to try more.. :)
I am married, have an awesome wife and 2 wild boys (10-15).. We live in California, in a small mountain town nestled in the Santa Cruz mountains.. Work in a big commercial kitchen and for a few catering companies.

I am an avid Traditional archer/bowhunter(wife and boys as well), mountain biker and knife junky. I am also an artist, leatherworker and arrowsmith..

Cheers.. Looking forward to participating more..
Mike

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Welcome to the forums! I spent a couple decades a long while back in your neck of the woods: Felton, Bonny Doon, Ben Lomond and Santa Cruz. Fine country and many fond memories there.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Welcome aboard and happy piping. Lots of knowledge and advice to be had here. Does look like you live in some gorgeous country. Spent some time working for a commercial catering company myself. Hard work but rewarding. 14 hour days on my feet are too tough on my hips these days... sound like a geezer, but true facts :)

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome to the site Mike, I hope you enjoy yourself here. I know for myself, my pipe smoking enjoyment went up big time because of this site and all that I have learned here.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Welcome! I'm sure we will get you into something better than that 1Q candy :wink: If you like English you'll find out some great stuff to try here. Many here are English smokers (Roth) and love giving out "what to try" lists.
So you're into knives, do you make the grips yourself? Some pics would be great.
Craig

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
If he's been lurking for a few years, I think he's already part of the group.
Congrats on failing archer class 101. Being seen.
Glad to have ya.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Welcome aboard Mike! Cool bio and I love the pic, though Spartan does have a point :) I also love medieval weapons and knives. I don't have a bow, but do have a halberd, mace, warhammer and pole axe. Great for smashing up old computer equipment, though I do prefer a shotgun for hunting!
When you say artist, what kind? And pics of your knives please, if you make any (I suspect you do).

Status
Not open for further replies.