PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

KJEast

Lurker
Aug 13, 2020
Coastal North Carolina
This is Kevin from Wilmington NC. I've been smoking a pipe since the late '60s. My collection consists mostly of Savinellis and Dunhills with a smattering of pre-trans Barlings, Saseinis, Charatans, and various odds and ends. I still have my first "real" pipe--the Dr. Grabow purchased in HS doesn't count--a Savinelli deLuxe Milano 114KS, purchased at Drucquer's and Sons in Berkeley in 1969. Yes, that's the same Drucquer's that a young Greg Pease wandered into a decade later.

My tobaccos are all over the lot. I prefer the Drucquer's blends that Pease rescued from oblivion a few years ago: Inns of Court, Prince's Blend, Red Lion, Levant Mixture, The Devil's Own, and Trafalgar. I only wish he'd tackled Blend 805. Also in rotation these days are Pease's Quiet Nights, C&D's Bayou Morning, Daylight, Adagio, and Haunted Bookshop. I have an enduring fondness for the old Dunhill blends, Early Morning Pipe, Standard Mixture, My Mixture 965, and Nightcap, and am pleased that Laudisi/Peterson have resurrected them. I also have stashes of Balkan Sasieni, Squadron Leader, Red Raparee, and semois. Variety is the spice of smoke, yes?

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
Welcome from MN. I too agree in variety. I rarely reach for the same blend twice in a row.

Reactions: smknron

smknron

Can't Leave
Sep 9, 2019
West Central Florida
Welcome from west central Florida. Yes variety is what keeps us intrigued, although I can smoke the same blend over and over if its one of my favorites puffy

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello from Austin, Texas.

1612408582238.jpeg

I need to pop open some of my D&S tobacco and try it. So many blends....

Welcome to the forum.

1612408595401.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.