PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungFogey

Lurker
Apr 16, 2020
Charlotte, NC
Hello all,

I’m a relatively new pipe smoker new to Charlotte, NC.

Prior to moving here, I smoked a Dr. Grabow a handful of times, but stumbled into McCranie’s and bought a nice Rossi billiard shape that I’ve really enjoyed. I tend to stick to aromatics - particularly Lane 1Q, but am interested in trying a few English blends.

I recently bought a Peterson System 312 and a few tins of Peterson tobacco to try out. I think I’ve hit that point where I’m looking at pipes online way too often! I’m interested in the British pipe companies, but don’t really know a ton about them. Dunhill is well known, but that’s about all I’m familiar with. If anyone can point me to a nice primer or overview on the board, I’d appreciate it.

Anyway, looking forward to reading the board. If anyone in the area wants to get together after this quarantine is over to discuss pipes let me know! I’m interested in literature and history and find they combine well with a pipe also.

Best,
William

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Welcome from Canada. There are plenty of British pipe makers over history. You will enjoy learning the history I am sure. Have fun.

marc75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2017
Mooresville NC
Welcome from Mooresville NC. McCrainies is a great shop. There's a pipe group that meets the third Sunday every month at JR cigars in Mooresville.

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Welcome from S.W Michigan. Wealth of knowledge on this forum that will be happy to help you with English blends and pipes. Welcome to the fun that is pipe smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.