PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Hello All!
I have been a relatively silent member during 2012. I have been able to check in from time to time but teaching, and getting ready for my Graduate School auditions, took up most of my waking hours. However, the most exciting news is I was accepted into the Chicago College of Performing Arts Music Conservatory as a Percussion Performance Graduate Student and will begin this coming fall! (That is part of Roosevelt for those unaware.) I am very excited and celebrated w/ Trader Joe's Almond Champange w/ my family, then a Rocky Patel 2012 Winter Collection Cigar and the first glass of a new bottle of Ardbeg Uigeadail.
In other news, still smoking mostly GL Pease blends. Currently only have Laurel Heights open though, as I have also been smoking my two Christmas tins (McClelland Nocturne, which I am still warming up to, and Dunhill Navy Rolls which I just opened last weekend and is all I smoked this past week - excellent stuff). I sadly was unable to get any Sextant before the internet sell out took hold.
I also purchased a Peterson Ebony Tankard since my last post. Love the pipe. Can send pics later.
Happy Smoking!

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Glad to se you're back! Congratulations on making it into Grad school! I've never tried it with a performing major so I had no clue it was that hard. I look forward to more of your posts, and maybe a review or two of the blends you mentioned above.
-Jason

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Congrats thats very cool!
My son is in the 5th grade and playing the saxophone. He says he likes it and wants to continue. The Arts are so very important. We are so glad to see him going that direction.
Good luck and come back and let us know how it goes.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I was accepted into the Chicago College of Performing Arts Music Conservatory as a Percussion Performance Graduate Student and will begin this coming fall!
Outstanding!

That is quite the accomplishment!

I can identify with the difficulty you have endured.

I think the most stressful times I have ever survived were during Juries.

Perfection is a tough standard.

:clap:

:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.