PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ambivrt

Lurker
Sep 12, 2024
Stockholm, Sweden
ambivrt.com
I am Marcus.
Just started smoking the pipe three weeks ago.
I bought one pipe per week so far and will probably not be able to keep that pace.
Maybe as my smoking cadence settles, my purchases of pipes and tobacco will settle as well?

I started by buying the standard billiard starter-kit pipe from Saint Claude and the clerk sent with me the Peterson De Luxe Mixture.
-An aromatic blend is the best way to start smoking the pipe, he said.
Bulocks!
Week 2 after tung-bite and struggle I bought a James Barber B-Line and an Irish Second. I also bought some other blends "Peterson - Old Dublin" and "Savinelli Cavendish" and finaly "Capstan Blue"

Nice to meet you all!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I am Marcus.
Just started smoking the pipe three weeks ago.
I bought one pipe per week so far and will probably not be able to keep that pace.
Maybe as my smoking cadence settles, my purchases of pipes and tobacco will settle as well?

I started by buying the standard billiard starter-kit pipe from Saint Claude and the clerk sent with me the Peterson De Luxe Mixture.
-An aromatic blend is the best way to start smoking the pipe, he said.
Bulocks!
Week 2 after tung-bite and struggle I bought a James Barber B-Line and an Irish Second. I also bought some other blends "Peterson - Old Dublin" and "Savinelli Cavendish" and finaly "Capstan Blue"

Nice to meet you all!
That aromatic is best place to start I swear is based off the idea that everybody likes candy and not based on how they smoke. I actually enjoy aromatics more the longer I smoker and the more natural slower easier sipping becomes for me. I think burly or english would be a good place to start or whatever just sounds most appealing.
I remember with nasal snuff being told not to start with finer cuts they're not for beginners and honestly they're easier for me to snuff.
Advice is often worth the cost especially when it's free.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I don't know where the advice of start with an aromatic started from but the guy who started it should be hung. I generally tell people to start with a mild English. Once you've learned how to smoke you can switch to an aromatic if you wish.