PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Is it possible to order directly from Peter Heinrichs from the United States? Curly Block is €52.45 (about $58) for 250 grams directly from them. I ask because I am thinking about what to bring with me when I move back home to the USA.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
To answer my own question, it appears no, Peter Heinrichs will not ship directly to USA customers.

We deliver worldwide with some restrictions*!
Individual custom import regulations have to be clarified by the customer. Possible custom duties have to be carried by the customer. The customer bear the possible risk of a confiscation of the ordered product by the customs.
* We not ship any kind of tobacco products to the USA

https://www.peterheinrichs.de/payment/shipping
Also, it wasn't my intention to put down a site sponsor. Good on Smoking Pipes for making these blends available to the American market!

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
He shoots he scores! Went straight to SP once I got the email. Huzzah!

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Is the Curly Special in 100 and 200g tins the same as the block? Seems the tins are just cut discs from the block and I am not interested in an $80 sample of the block.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
They are not the same to my knowledge. However, if you're a VaPer lover, I highly recommend you give the curly block a try. It is superb.
I sent email to Peter Heinrichs. They will ship to the USA but you have to jump through hoops to get it done.

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
Seldom - Do you have troubles getting tobacco in to Germany? I'm planning to move to Konstanz in the next few years and I've been passively wondering how I'm going to move my supply there. And, once there, I'm curious about importing some blends I like.
I once imported a Swiss watch from the USA. The customs guy looked at me, then glanced out the window to look at Switzerland, which was a few hundred metres away from the office, shook his head and handed me the bill... which was pretty steep. I didn't bother explaining that you couldn't buy the watch in Switzerland at the time because he kind of had a point.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Seldom - Do you have troubles getting tobacco in to Germany? I
I haven't tried to bring tobacco into Germany. You are right that the customs can be expensive. When my parents sent some Christmas presents for my wife and sons I had to pay a hefty fee when it was delivered.
There is some really outstanding pipe tobacco here! Perhaps that will console you if you can't or don't get some of the American blends.
Sorry I don't have good information for you.

unadoptedlamp

Mar 19, 2014
Thanks Seldom. I'm mostly worried about keeping my supply of Haddo's Delight going... I'm just worried that the good times in Germany for pipe tobacco will be over before I make it a permanent home.
Enjoying a pipe after some Flammkuchen and a few cold beers on an outdoor patio overlooking the Rhine is a rare pleasure. With nobody looking over at me like I should go fuck off and stand in a corner of the parking lot to smoke, I felt pretty much at home and the Germans were alright by me. It's almost enough to make me forget all about Haddo's... but not quite.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Ha! I hear you. I married a German which is why I'm here but I've been enjoying my time. It's true that the smoking paranoia hasn't struck here in the same way it has elsewhere. I also like that decent beer doesn't cost an arm and leg.
There is a good chance I'll be moving back to the States within a few years. If all else fails perhaps we can semi-clandestinely mail each other goodies! I know I'll miss some of tobacco on offer here.

burleyboy

Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Unadoptedlamp, I have already ordered tobacco from smokingpipes.com to Germany three times. Once the parcel was delivered without any customs on it. The other times I got customs on it of about 50% once and 200% the other time. The guys at the „Hauptzollamt“, where I had to fetch my parcel did not seem to know too much about what they should charge me. I think I got them in a quite awkward situation with my order and they quickly wanted to get rid of me. Nevertheless, I did order some bulk blend from the US which cost me the same price as German tobaccos, when I got hit with the 200% customs.
As you are going to move to Konstanz, I would recommend you to visit Urs Portmann, a tobacconist in Kreuzligen, Switzerland. That‘s just a stone‘s throw away and they can get you everything from GL Pease and Cornell & Diehl for about EUR 20 a two ounce tin. And it is legal to bring some tobacco from Suiss to Germany. In Germany are no American American tobaccos available, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.