PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
I tried this last Oct. Got some from Russ Oullette at Richmond. Reminds me a lot of Rennaisance. If you want large tins, buy lots of small ones. They are waiting to see how it does before making the large tins.

creekspecter

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2011
Wow1 That's a outstanding review! My tin of Magnum Opus arrived today (along with two of Black House (signed by Russ Ouellette, no less!) and two of Blue Mountain (comparison time...)). i am very much looking forward to the Magnum opus now. Thanks, baronsamedi!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I just noticed pipesandcigars.com is out of Magnum Opus in the small tins now. I put in for some Black House. sounds right up my alley! Since a lot of you liked the review, I will do another one next time I get a real stand-out tabak.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I just smoked Magnum Opus again for the first time since this review and it is even better after three months of age on the tin. I liked it a lot before. Now I love it! It has become more round and full flavored, and a little sweeter.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Agreed! I just had some more as well. If they put out a large tin, I will definitely be buying. An addition to the review: My wife finds the smell of this tobacco in the tin horrible but likes the smell of the smoke as I puff away. I still love it all the way around!

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Baron, the Black House is excellent!!!! I got a tin on my last order. Been working my way up to a review.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
The 8 oz. tins of Magnum Opus and BlackHouse will be here next week (7/11/11, or a few days after). Thanks to all who made such nice comments. We keep trying to make things better for you.
Russ

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
i like the four h&h blends ive smoked. right now smoking their berry nice.

h&h are becomming my go too smokes.

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
That was a great review! I haven't gotten to try it yet but am definitely looking forward to doing so.

Jul 12, 2011
Just hit up the 8oz tin on order, made mistake of a few 2oz'ers...they won't last the night...I have bacci hound friends that can smell the TAD order miles away :crying:

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
I had my first bowl of Magnum Opus last night ad was underwhelmed.... I'm hoping something was wrong with my palette. I was drinking some Sam Adams Oktoberfest which tends to coat my mouth.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
I really enjoy this blend... Just to make sure that things are good for the future, there's some in the cellar.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
I liked Magnum Opus alot - then I tried Black House which I think I prefer. When I go through the tin of MO - will probably snag a tin(s) of BH.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Word to the wise... 4 2oz tins comes to $34.20, while the 8oz tin costs $39.99... Go figure, but I don't think this will last a long time. As much as I'd like to see it in bulk, I don't think that will happen anytime soon. Currently, it is a wise time to buy at these prices. :puffy:

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I've done revirews on both MO and Black House. Both are great for different reasons, but I do prefer the Black House. Not to say I won't still snatch up an 8ozer of MO if it becomes available.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
So I am up to my third bowl of Magnum Opus..... I like the flavor but I am having some serious trouble keeping it lit which makes for an unpleasant experience. The tobacco does not seem wet at all. I'm going to try it in a jumbo bowl. I'm doing my best to give it a good shot.
Not that I am a pipe wizard, but I don't seem to ever have trouble packing a bowl of tobac. I'm not so great at folding and stuffing flake; however, this tobacco is a little leafy. Perhaps I could give it a little more breathing room.
I did notice to catch a little sweet note with this stuff. A very suttle background sweetness.

Status
Not open for further replies.