PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
It's starting to look like you can't go wrong with any of the H&H blends; especially being a newer smoker trying to figure out what you like. Maybe I should just order one of everything :rofl:

unixhelp

Lurker
May 24, 2012
grizzly86 I have a small tin of berry nice coming to try...want me to send you a few bowlfulls in an envelope to try?
Rob

femur

Lurker
Mar 4, 2012
Just picked up some Stogie but haven't opened it yet. This is my first H&H purchase.

Jul 15, 2011
The only Hearth and Home blend that I have tried that I didn't care for was Ten to Midnight, and that was only because me and Krumble Kake blends don't party together. I have a sampler consisting of their Namaste, Victorian Stroll, Anniversary Kake, AJs Vaper, and Larry's Blend, and I love all of them, and in fact, I am thinking about putting together another sampler to try out some of their Burley blends. Russ makes a fantastic product and everything is of the utmost quality. This is one of the many reasons that pipesandcigars.com will always get my business.

gungnir

Lurker
May 22, 2012
I forgot to mention that P&C is offering samples of Cerberus if your interested I believe you just type in Cerberus under notes before you check out. I tried it out not too long ago I actually like it quite a bit unlike the description it isn't really a latakia heavy blend I personally find that the oriental is a bit more prominent overall I find it a great smoke. Unfortunately they don't sell it in bulk, but I saw that you were interested in Black House so Cerberus may also be down your alley as well.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
Yes, Cerberus is very good. I got a tine of it when I made my last order with them.

cajunguy

Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Black House had from "hello." I'd tried similar styles of tobacco prior to Black House, and they all fell short as far as my palette was concerned. Black House, however, hit the mark. I find it very flavorful, smooth, and very relaxing to smoke.

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
I got the Egg Nog early in my pipe smoking days and liked it a lot I would give it a thumbs up for a Aromatic smoker

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
H&H has got to be my favorite brand I have tried! I love everything they produce and the sampler makes it easier to try every blend they have, I have ordered 3 different samplers from them and a few bulks. The bulks I have are Larry's blend, ten to midnight, and Anniversery kake. Although if money permitted I would order more bulks.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I like Black House a lot but Cerebus to my palate is nothing short of amazing. If they sold that in 8 or 16oz tins I'd be all over it. I haven't tried Mangum Opus yet but I have high hopes for it. Have a tin waiting to make it in the rotation. Larry's Blend is near the top of my list too.
Last order I requested a small sample of Obsidian because it sounded interesting. Blech! That one didn't do it for me. I was surprised given how much I like the other H&H stuff I've tried. Guess you can't like them all.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I've been working on a burley sampler from these folks. Old Companion is a "stick it in your cob, fire it up, and don't worry about it" blend - rather like some of the old codger burleys. I will probably get more. Classic Burley Kake has chocolate notes to it - I'll smoke what I have, but no more. American Heritage has got lat and Turkish - interesting, I'll smoke what I have, but no more. Beverwyck I quite enjoy - not an all day blend, maybe not even an every day blend, but definitely worth having around. Haven't tried the Capitol Stairs or LJ Heart Burley yet. :puffy:

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It's hard to go wrong with a Hearth & Home blend. I've had about 10 of them, and they were all great.
I've been smoking Sweet & Savory throughout the entire weekend, and it is aptly named.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
This series of posts is making me blush. I'm thrilled to hear how many of you are so enthusiastically enjoying our Hearth & Home blends. I had surgery on May 1 and haven't been able to return to work yet, but I should be back in 2 to 3 weeks, and since I'm feeling healthier (and much lighter) than I have in years, I'm raring to go and have some new ideas I can't wait to work on. Reading all these nice comments really makes my day. Thanks to all of you for your continued support
Russ

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Russ,
Any chance Cerebus will make it in the 8oz tin size? I'd love to get my hands on bigger tins to store away for the future!

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Larry's Blend was a favorite of mine and I smoked what I had of it to the last crumb. I have to say my cart on P&C is huge right now and I can't wait to order more H&H blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.