PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I certainly would not push you to do something you think would work against your health, but here's my tale. Had an emergency stent put in 12 years ago when my doc informed me I was a few hours from a probable fatal heart attack. Went on to have 8 more stents. 8 years ago had triple by-pass surgery. Every year my cardiologist asks how I'm doing with my pipes and I say just fine. ;) Will say that for some unknown reason, after the first stent went in, the pounds melted off me and eventually ended up losing 50 pounds. I've remained at a steady "high school" weight since I lost it no matter what I eat. Of course, take anti-cholesterol meds, (which consistently have me at unusually good cholesterol levels), and anti-hypertensives. Also something to be said for some red wine every evening.:)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yes, yes, take care of yourself and follow the doc's instructions to the letter. I don't think you have to sign a pledge to smoke a pipe to post here. If you want to make conversation related to pipes, or anything else, I'm sure the gang will value your company. Meantime, rest and heal and enjoy having been saved.

buzkirk

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement. I'm not in a rush to sell everything off. I found 6 tins to sell now with pipestud, all with 12 years of age to them and all Virginia tobac. The rest of my stash are aromatics .
I have a few middle of the road pipes Johs, Lorenzo, Jobey, Tim West that I am going to move along.
I sold off all my better pipes after I found out I could make my own, couple years ago. If I need a pipe I can always make one for myself.
I've been on this site for 12 years, and and really like the conversations and banter between members , although I post infrequently.
I will continue to read along and post when I can help.
Thanks to everyone.
Tom Allen

buzkirk

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
I have since sent 6 tins of tobacco to Steve Fallon to sell for me, also I have sold all of my pipes and given away the ones that didn't sell. What I am left with a Tim West Sidewalker and the pipes I made for myself, 3 are smoked and 1 unsmoked and 3 unfinished .
The only tobacco that is left is 5 or 6 lbs of aromatic pipe tobacco that i have bought in the last couple years.
I am still hesitant on selling my last 150 or so cigars, mostly Fuente and Habanas, all with around 12 to 25 years age on them.

elnoblecigarro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2020
Perhaps you could get into teas if you haven't already. Should be fairly healthy. I've found tea can offer some of the same types of flavors found in tobacco and the ritual aspect can be there too. No nicotine though, but some teas can be quite relaxing.

Just throwing this out as an alternative.