PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

buzkirk

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
It's been a great ride since Python suggested I try a Pipe on the old Cigarreview site many years ago.
I had a Heart attack August 31 @ 1:45 am. By the time I haggled an appointment with my Doctor it was around 11:30 am.
They did the blood work, chest x-rays and sent me home to await results, about 5:30 they called and said to get to a Hospital now.
I jumped in my truck an headed to the next town over to the hospital, since they bought and closed the one 2 blocks from my home.
Now the Doctor having reviewed all the results calls me and asks "Hey Tom where are you ?" I said: I'm halfway to the hospital.
He freaked out and said "pull over and wait for ambulance". I told him to just call ahead , I'll be there in 15 min.
So, as soon as I walked into the ER, and said who I was and that the doctor said I was having a heart attack, the quickly got me into the ER, stripped me, shaved me and inserted all manor of wires and IV's, then off to the Heart Cath, and a Long stint in the main anterior decending artery that had closed. It was all over about an hour after I walked in the door.
I feel very lucky to be alive, now the bad news, No Tobacco, No Grizzly, No Pipes, No Cigars, No Cigs.
Thomas Allen II

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Very close call. Glad it worked out. Stay on the mend

Giving up the pipe is the least of your concerns.

I had a fluke heart attack when I was 22 while racing my bicycle. I didn’t know it was a heart attack and I rode my bicycle to the hospital about miles from my house.

They ran tests, same as what you endured. They found a constriction on my aorta. Turns out the bypass that is supposed to dissolve at birth didn’t. Had a “minor” surgical intervention and all fixed up.

I live by the motto if you’re going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I hope you get fixed up real soon. I would think twice about getting rid of your pipes and cellar. There is no rush is there? Will selling off your pipes and tobacco change your lifestyle in any way? Do you need the money, if not take your time.

Speaking only for myself, I love my pipes and tobacco and they are a huge part of my life and I get most of my enjoyment from my pipes and tobacco. I would rather take my chances smoking my pipes and get the enjoyment that I do.