PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
Anyone know of a worthwhile B&M or two in Tokyo or Niseko let me know, really looking for a Kiseru pipe and some kizami not even sure if that would be available at a western style tobacco shop.

Thanks.
You need an Executive Protection Expert to accompany you on the trip? I can pre sample any tobacco you find to ensure it’s safe for consumption😀
Seriously though the only thing I know is that the Westernized B&M’s are supposedly fantastic as with all things in Japan quality is paramount. Good luck and hope you have a great excursion.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
I used to buy most of my tobacco next door to the yakitori shop behind the Yokosuka Burger King. (10 minute walk straight south on the main drag from the Navy Base) I don't remember the name of it, but there used to be a pipe & tobacco shop near the Gotanda Station on the red line between Tokyo & Kawasaki. I used to go there if I couldn't find what I wanted in Yokosuka.

Sorry I can't recall the names. I hadn't been to Japan since 2011, so who knows if either shop is still there... but that's the best I can offer. Good luck & enjoy your trip.

1703024639299.png

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Nomura in Tokyo:

M son is heading back to Japan early next year and is going to stop by again, and pick up some things for me.

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
@milk is in Japan and might be able to help you.
I’m in Osaka so I don’t know Tokyo really but isn’t there one big one everyone seems to refer to? Honestly I can’t remember which it is; I’ve never been to Tokyo despite having lived in Japan since 2005!

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
Nomura in Tokyo:

M son is heading back to Japan early next year and is going to stop by again, and pick up some things for me.
Nomura was a hit, thanks for the info. Beautiful shop.

Cash only for tobacco, just a heads up for anyone making their way there.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Nomura was a hit, thanks for the info. Beautiful shop.

Cash only for tobacco, just a heads up for anyone making their way there.
I have family heading to Tokyo next week. I was thinking of sending them on a wild goose chase to Nomura on my behalf, unless they post to a local address in which case I’d get it sent to their accommodation. You wouldn’t happen to know would ya?

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
I have family heading to Tokyo next week. I was thinking of sending them on a wild goose chase to Nomura on my behalf, unless they post to a local address in which case I’d get it sent to their accommodation. You wouldn’t happen to know would ya?
Say what now?

• Haha
Reactions: Ahi Ka

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
Kiwi translator: I want to get stuff from Nomura. Do you know if they sell over the phone/online and then ship the package locally or will I have to send my family to go there in person?

Thanks, I thought I needed a translator.

@Ahi Ka no idea about the shipping since I went there in person to shop. The owner speaks little to no english so unless your fam speaks Japanese or uses a translator you can ask about the shipping. Make sure they bring CASH if you want them to buy tobacco its cash only. Pipes you can use a card. Hope this helps.