PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
Like the topic title says, I'm sick. The wife says I'm not to smoke till I'm better. Here is my hang up and no, it's not my wife insisting I not smoke, she is smarter than me when it comes to health, so I trust her. It's the fact that I started smoking the pipe to put down nails. Which the pipe has been successful in doing.
Well, there is that little relation ship with vitamin-N, it's needed constant tending to which the pipe handled most reliably. I would pack a bowl when I got to work and smoke on it till lunch. Then pack another bowl and smoke it till the evening when I got home. Two bowls a day, three if I'm staying up late (usually on Friday).
None of that, to day I found my self using this stuff called SNUS (not snus from the Swedish), and it's well, not the worst tasting thing I've ever tasted, but I don't quite trust it. Is there any way to get a Nic fix that doesn't taste so awful.
TL:DR Need a nic fix with out smoking, any suggestions?

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
LOL Some on here use snuff mate. Sometimes while fishing, I would load the pipe but my Uncle didn't smoke so he wouold take a pinch of my baccy and put it under his tounge.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I had the same thing last week and it sucked. The only thing that worked was cigs since I didn't get any snuff in time.

annapolispipes

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2012
Annapolis, MD
Copenhagen my man. It's like a steak dinner in a can. Just make sure you brush and floss often. It can sort of callus up your gum and cheek a little so use very little. It goes a long way.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
When I have a cold, I just put the pipe down. I'm trying to get past a mild head cold now, I can't taste anything so there isn't much appeal to smoking the pipe. We're going out of town this weekend, so hopefully it passes soon.

craigers07

Lurker
Feb 22, 2012
I started smoking a pipe after giving up Swedish snus. I used Copenhagen now and then too but I don’t think either one would be too good when you’re sick.
I would just put the pipe down or try to limit your pipe smoking until you feel better.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
Menthol cigs then you can breath and taste the pipe.

I started the pipe so I could put down the nails.
I started smoking a pipe after giving up Swedish snus. I used Copenhagen now and then too but I don’t think either one would be too good when you’re sick.
I would just put the pipe down or try to limit your pipe smoking until you feel better.
I've not smoked since Monday. I've been using that SNUS from Camel since Tuesday. It just seems to get worse tasting. First day, it was actually pretty ok and gave good taste and some (just enough to piss you off) Nic. Today, I only consumed two of them and they must have lost their flavor and strength over night (left em on the bench at work). I would have been better off not using them, cause I got nothing from them today.
Copenhagen my man. It's like a steak dinner in a can. Just make sure you brush and floss often. It can sort of callus up your gum and cheek a little so use very little. It goes a long way.
I don't know how long I'm going to be sick (am on some script now) may have to look into some of that Copenhagen you suggested annapolispipes. My only reservation with it is the spitting bit, I've got to deal with customers face to face and tobacco dribble just don't fly.
I guess any more practical suggestions, but a good luck will do as well.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Just take a bunch of prescription narcotics and zombiefy yourself until you get well. I like to wash them down with Jaegermeister, but I wouldn't reccommend that for everyone. Sickness sucks.

foxinabox

Lurker
Jan 7, 2012
No point smoking when your senses of taste and smell are blocked. Give it a rest; after an absence the first pipe-full will be that much more delightful.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
Ended up getting some of this today. It's way better than that Camel SNUS, and well tastes better, and "feels" better. As in the nic hit is strong, and hangs with me much longer. Also, as was pointed out to me by flyfishn, there was no spitting problem. So I'm going to stick with this till I'm well so I can go back to my pipe. I even got a sample in the mail from Sterling the other day and I can't smoke it yet.
I had Sterling send me the 1776 BRIAR CREEK NATURAL. I looking forward to it. Has any one here smoked it before and what did you think?
IMG072.jpg

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
Skoal mint. Nice choice. It is my regular.
Like I said, it's better than that camel crap. I wouldn't want to use it all the time, and the wife is not to keen on me using it. Even with me not spitting, she doesn't like it. I told her it's only until I'm well enough to smoke again. Hey, she is the one that insisted I don't smoke while I'm sick, I had to do something. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.