Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Congrats!

My daughter is 39, my sons are 36 and 30. Kids are great and they make life more interesting. Raising a child is the most important job you'll ever have and you only get one shot at it. As he gets older listen to him and praise him as much as you discipline him. Be a father first and a friend second.

Good luck.

Reactions: danimalia and Spa32

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
Congrats man! I miss that time when my kids were babes sleeping on my chest. They are like little crack pipes, especially if mom breast feeds. Mine did all of the late night work!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Congratulations! If you have kids, being without them, with all the work and occasional crises, is unthinkable. All best wishes on this new life on the way.

Reactions: danimalia

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Awesome! Congrats! I just had my first last May, a daughter. It's a whirlwind my friend, but a very fun one. And don't worry, the terrifying anxiety fades. Slowly, but it does :)

It is the hardest and best thing I have ever done.

Last edited:

Spa32

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
Congratulations! I have a son(22). My advice is to be patient and always be honest with him. As others have said, it's not easy but it's very rewarding.

Reactions: danimalia

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Congratulations! As a father of two boys 19 and 16, I’m also pushing be a father not a friend. That doesn’t have any meaner stricter, harsher requirements. It means lead by example, set boundaries and expectations and help them achieve them. There is such great pleasure (and pain) ahead enjoy it.

Also good father advice... treat your partner with respect and work together. Each of you brings something unique to the table. Stability is what they crave. Also you will show them to love and respect another person.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Congratulations, all the best!

I have two daughters aged 2 and 3.5, they're hard work but it's more worth it than anything else! Don't forget to always make time for them, but also set some boundaries and give them infinite freedom within them. Old school is not old fashioned, it works and got the human race where it did, the last 25-30 years have done more to destroy us than anything else in history.
And be honest from day 1, a spade is a spade, teach kindness, fairness, compassion but also standing their ground.

Reactions: Casual

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Congratulations!

The important thing with your son is to teach him on the first day of school to find the biggest kid in class and to hit him with a folding chair and beat him unconscious so that everyone learns not to mess with him....sorry...that's what I learned on my first day in prison. Flashbacks. Sorry.

What fatherly advice can I give you....hmmm.....oh. yeah. Kids are not at ALL like an Etch A Sketch! You can't just turn them upside down and shake them to reset them. I learned that one the hard way. My dad did that to me and I still occasionally turn to early and walk into walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.