PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I wasn't here much for a couple of weeks because of the kidney stone thing, so I'm wondering if you all know what's happening with Jay? mawnansmiff...

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I’ve been wondering that as well. Hope he’s doing well and just bored of us.
Sorry to hear about your kidney stones by the way. I’m plagued with them annually. I’ve been getting them since I was 17 years old and I have the very rare kind that aren’t dictated by certain foods I eat so there is no preventing them through diet. I wouldn’t wish them on my worst enemy.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
I think Jay is just taking a little break from us. Lord knows he needs it, considering what a bunch of rapscallions we are! :mrgreen:
Mike

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Jay has had some health issues, but I am pretty sure he'll be back before long. Sorry to hear of the kidney stones, guys. Our little Highland Terrier came back yesterday from bladder stones op.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Hi folks....I'm still here but as John says, health issues have (and are) been plaguing me.
I've finally had to give up driving (anyone after a well looked after Skoda Fabia 1.4? :wink:) and have become something of a recluse. In fact I last drove in February last year and have not left the house since.
That said I've plenty of books to read so boredom doesn't come into my life. Currently reading Bernard Bailyn's excellent 'The Barbarous Years: The Peopling Of British North America 1600-1675'.
I wish you a speedy recovery Stan, I recall reading of Samuel Pepys lithotomy.....done the hard way with no anaesthetic!
Regards,
Jay.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
That sounds like an engaging read Jay.
Also reminds me I need to finish the Pepys diary. I got 3/4 through it and got busy with something else.
If I were you, I'd sell the Skoda and blow the proceeds on something useful like pipes and tobacco!

Good to hear from you, Jay, but I hate to hear that you've been down with whatever it is. Skoda Fabia 1.4, that sounds painful. Is there a vaccine?

The reading sounds... stimulating. It's always interesting to see what other people enjoy reading.
Anyways, keep you chin up, and power through whatever the obstacles, and/or accept those things that wont budge.

I look forward to seeing more posts.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
It’s good to hear from you but I’m sorry to hear about your health issues, I hope you are still able to enjoy your pipe.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Hope your getting well, Jay........... I miss your Cornwallian take on life, and those BBC news posts....... get well soon and speedy returns............ :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.