PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
It also helps if you smoke it really, really slow. It’ll get kind of cigarette-ish and acrid if you smoke to quickly, but it has a great natural sweetness and a nice little Perique kick if you go slow. It’s a great blend to have with your morning coffee. Don’t give up on it just yet, but you may decide you just don’t like it, which is ok too.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Every time I hear someone say a blend tastes like hot air or like ashy cigs. I always think they're smoking it too fast. Which can mean for that blend. Pipe tobacco losses a lot of flavor and nuance when smoked faster. Smoke how you like but if you really want to enjoy a blend and it comes off like that try taking it extra slow and see if it opens up a lot more. That said there are plenty of great tobaccos out there that react best to many different smoking styles, so I don't see much point in trying to force a good smoke when you can find one that works for you. Also don't throw any out, trade it or safe it for later.

It also helps if you smoke it really, really slow. It’ll get kind of cigarette-ish and acrid if you smoke to quickly, but it has a great natural sweetness and a nice little Perique kick if you go slow. It’s a great blend to have with your morning coffee. Don’t give up on it just yet, but you may decide you just don’t like it, which is ok too.

True. Most Burley forward blends should be sipped to be truly appreciated.