PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hutch Piper

(Hutch1904)
Mar 12, 2022
Charlotte, NC
I really dislikes it when I first tried it. Then came back to it a couple years later and had the “aha” moment. It wasn’t the blend - it was me. My tastes changed. Now, I really enjoy it. And yes, it rounds out with age. So not a bad one to sock away and see how it changes.

Reactions: MattRVA

KruegerFlap

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2021
Ohio
Haunted Bookshop is one of my favorites. In fact it would be my desert island blend if I could only have one blend to smoke. I have a tin of the cake version I plan on mixing 50/50 with C&D Pirate Kake to make Matches860's Haunted Pirate Ship for spooky season this year 👍

thomasw

Lifer
Dec 5, 2016
I am a hardcore burley lover. So I do like HB a lot, but there are other burley blends and flakes I prefer. If someone wanted to trade some HB for a latakia blend I have, I wouldn't turn down the transaction ;)

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
Haunted Bookshop was one of the first few tobaccos I smoked. And the first one I really "got". I think it's because I was/ am coming to pipes from cigarettes. When pushed, HB gets quite cigarette-ish. When slowed down, it's much different. That bit of cigarette helped me learn to smoke, I think.

And with a few years in a jar, most of the rough edges are gone and I've found the flavors mature wonderfully. Well worth the space in the cellar.