PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chlogeo3

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2010
Last week I received a 1.5oz container of Sutliff Private Stock called Maple Street. The return address was indeed from Sutliff Tobacco Company, Richmond, VA. There was no letter or note with the tobacco. But I have to say it smells and taste Great! It is a Maple and Old Rum combination.
Why did they send it to me I didn't request it?
However I like it so it must be very expensive.
Has anyone else received unsolicited tobacco?
Forrest

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
No but I would very much like to receive unsolicited tobacco. Daily if possible.

firedragonx

Lurker
Oct 4, 2010
Hey Forrest
Seems as Sutliff is part of Altadis Tobacco, recenly I requested a sample of tobacco from Altadis and I received the same sample that you did, a friend of mine requested a Non-Aromatic and he received Sutliff's Blend #5, very similar to Mixture #965.
Hope this is a Help
Mark

chlogeo3

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2010
Appears to be a good tobacco Co. But i can't buy it direct from them. Must be Expensive.
Forrest

jimbo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2010
Yes, I got a tin of #5 from Sutliff/Altadis last January. Out of the blue! I'm not a big English fan, but it immediately reminded me of the last Dunhill 965 that I had years ago (Murray). Mark seems to have had the same observation.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Altadis is trying to revive some of the old drug store blends under the Sutliffe name. Field & Stream, Revelation, Barking Dog, etc. Maple Street is their take on the old Rum & Maple. Some of them are good and others...well.

I don't think the Sutliffe blends are terribly expensive; surely less than some of the other top shelf brands so don't expect any sticker shock.

I've samples their #5 and found it to be fairly good.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Hey Forrest, you can get tins of the stuff HERE for about $4 USA right now!
I recently received a bunch of the different blends and so far I have liked all but one! Their Great outdoors blend is not to my liking, too bad I have an 8oz. tin opened!

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
P&C has a wide selection at reasonable prides:
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/suprstpito.html
The only one I've tried is Sunrise Smoke, it's not bad for Altadis, far better than their other stuff.

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
Just noticed that SP has it for a lot less, not quite as wide a selection.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/sutliff/index.cfm

collindow

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
You know, Bubba...I could take that Great Outdoors off your hands, since, you know, you don't like it. lol.

On topic, I just got some of this the other day too. I vaguely remember ordering a sample from some site or another a couple months ago, and I naturally assumed it was this. Haven't had a chance to light it up yet, but it sounds like it may be decent.
On second thought, I don't recognize that site at all. Where would one go to ask for a sample? Mayhap I can get me that Maple Street in addition to the #5...

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
If you ever requested a free sample from Altadis, then the Sutliff Private Stock blends that you are receiving are the free sample. Sutliff Private Stock is made and owned by Altadis. They introduced the Sutliff Private Stock line in 2010.
They used to send out Tobacco Gallaria (which they make and own as well) pouches as the free samples and now they are sending out Sutliff tins.
This is the form to fill out for a free sample. If you have filled out this form, then that is why you are receiving the tobacco.

http://www.pipeshowonline.net/Request_Altadis.php

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
Got my freebie ,too. Thanks for the tip. Great outdoors, I requested non-aromatic..... fire it up !!

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
Well thats what my Cellar is for, not the inevitable taxation of everything, but for the inevitable zombie apocalypse and how it'll probably make my latest order from Pipesandcigars late.

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
....I expected my order to be here in the next couple of days. Orderd on the 23rd.....won't be here till the 6th. Should of gone with usps, and not ups....aaarrrgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.