PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
I just saw a dozen eggs was 7.80 at the grocery store, a lot of people won't be buying tobacco like they used to. As far as luster, I tried it and enjoyed it, I don't consider it a limited release, more of a season release I suppose.
That’s crazy I can get organic grass fed for $4 a dozen. Anyway I’m guessing there will be some folks who will be happy that they can still source this in the spring at the same price (I.e. still on the primary market) after they’ve recovered from the costs of Christmas gifts and holiday travel..

Andre_T

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 17, 2018
Long Island, New York
That’s crazy I can get organic grass fed for $4 a dozen. Anyway I’m guessing there will be some folks who will be happy that they can still source this in the spring at the same price (I.e. still on the primary market) after they’ve recovered from the costs of Christmas gifts and holiday travel..
Grass fed? Is that what chickens eat?

PennyStonks

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022
Higbee, MO
Yeh, Christmas time is my least likely time to buy something for myself. But, I can see how some of these despicable old guys with no love in their hearts and no family worth spitting on could try to fill that emptiness in their black hearts by spending some money on themselves. puffy
Between SG drop, cringle drop, eso drop, and SG plug drops the family will be getting empty tobacco tins for Christmas.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
@sablebrush52 had written that the 2021 really transformed after sitting a year; I didn’t open my 2021 until 2022, so I don’t have the benefit of knowing what it was like in 2021. I’ve been enjoying the 2021 very much—I recently smoked the 2022, and it didn’t have the depth of the 2021 that I opened this year—but, if the fresh 2022 is similar/close to the same as the fresh 2021, I look forward to its potential transformation and will be a very happy camper in 2023.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
A lot of folks have been burned by the past couple of SG/GH drops.

At least we have the boxes back. Did they reduce the weight of tobacco inside while simultaneously raising the price? Yes. Fortunately, I just wanted a couple boxes to round out the cellar, so it didn't ding me too bad.

Reactions: Elric

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
Grass fed? Is that what chickens eat?
It is among the things they should have access to. Some people half-ass it just feeding them junky store bought grain which results in eggs that quite frankly I won’t take for free, even though my neighbor is always trying to give them to me free. They taste so bad. They’re supposed to have a variety of things to eat…protein like bugs, veg scraps, etc.

Reactions: beargreasediet

PennyStonks

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022
Higbee, MO
At least we have the boxes back. Did they reduce the weight of tobacco inside while simultaneously raising the price? Yes. Fortunately, I just wanted a couple boxes to round out the cellar, so it didn't ding me too bad.
What do you mean by they reduced the weight of the tobacco?

Boxes used to be 250g, now they're 8 oz. To put it another way, for every two boxes, you get one less 50g tin's worth of tobacco out of the bargain AND you're paying more for the privilege.
Yeh, I realized that when I got my FVF and it was less than two jar's worth. You guys can have these drops from now on. I guess to meet demand they watered down the supply. I love GH&co, but this was ridiculous. I can live without it.

Reactions: pantsBoots

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
The listing says 8oz but the box still says 250g

Check the box - I got a couple yesterday and they're 8oz, not 250g.
IMG_20221213_095040023~2.jpg

Yeh, I realized that when I got my FVF and it was less than two jar's worth. You guys can have these drops from now on. I guess to meet demand they watered down the supply. I love GH&co, but this was ridiculous. I can live without it.

Same. I think it may be Brexit issues, or plain old greed. Regardless, something is happening at G&H and it's not good. Less/nonexistent sauce, crappy packaging, and their only response to these issues is sending a lawyer online to act belligerent and downplay customers' experiences. Plenty of good tobacco out there.

PennyStonks

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022
Higbee, MO
Check the box - I got a couple yesterday and they're 8oz, not 250g.
View attachment 187063

Same. I think it may be Brexit issues, or plain old greed. Regardless, something is happening at G&H and it's not good. Less/nonexistent sauce, crappy packaging, and their only response to these issues is sending a lawyer online to act belligerent and downplay customers' experiences. Plenty of good tobacco out there.
I never read the small print. I only noticed the 250g above it