PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
running a business can be a crazy thing to do. You never know when the winds will switch. Worst case some virus wipes out all the tobacco or at least at commercial levels (so unlikely). But you put yourself in a situation where you're responsible for dealing with the vagaries of the market.
I have to confess I don't buy limited releases that sound great to me. I buy ones that sound good or interesting but ones I don't care if I miss.
Oh and you have to listen to customers but there is no way to make them all happy. The fact that people will be upset about being offered more while it not effecting anything else.

People don't have the disposable $$$ they did 12 months ago. They are cutting back.
Yeh, Christmas time is my least likely time to buy something for myself. But, I can see how some of these despicable old guys with no love in their hearts and no family worth spitting on could try to fill that emptiness in their black hearts by spending some money on themselves. puffy

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
I havent had the others, but I am more than happy with this release and I enjoyed it so much I ordered more.

The whole "limited" stuff honestly needs to stop because there have been so many this year, that you are now seeing them sitting for days now instead of the mad rush it usually is.

Im all for a limited edition just meaning for that time of year with a lot of available tins for anyone to have a chance to get.

I too enjoy a good aged virginia, but I like perique so having that aged in there is well makes this years a very sublime smoke for me. Going to load up a bowl of it again soon as I get off work.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
A much larger batch than previous years accounts for most of it, I’d wager.

Add to that the blizzard of special releases over the last several months, recent Esoterica and Gawith drops, and inflation continuing to run high and you tighten the amount of money available for a given blend.

originalnutcracker

Can't Leave
Feb 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
A much larger batch than previous years accounts for most of it, I’d wager.

Add to that the blizzard of special releases over the last several months, recent Esoterica and Gawith drops, and inflation continuing to run high and you tighten the amount of money available for a given blend.
In the space of 2 weeks we had Esoterica, both Gawiths, watch City Mistletoe Jam and Cringle flake drop - then that darned Bruno Nuttens Stokkebye pipe drop........

It’s been an expensive Christmas even before the darned Gumnut pipes showed up!

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
Again, top shelf tobacco that they made a lot of. And sorta.. maybe... limited, like (20k tins?). Fine. If you dig it you can buy more before the estate market charges you x2 or 3. Nice problem to have in my opinion. Folks always complain when the good tobacco is unavailable, then complain when it's not scarce? For me...crack a tin and if it's nice, it's also nice to know you can score more without being scalped.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
I can’t comment on previous releases but this was the first year I bought Cringle Flake. I could have got some of the yesteryears but I had bought so much limited releases (CRF, Sunbear, MacBaren London Burley, etc) that I was burnt out. Glad to have got some this year. Probably won’t buy anymore unless it’s a straight VA next.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy