Has Anyone Tried C&D St. P’s Day 2023 Reserve?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
This would have come to you with a new Peterson acquired this month. My tin is sitting here. I’m wondering whether to open it or think about trading it possibly. I’m not offering it here because I’m in Japan and it’s costly to send so I’m just asking here if anyone has tried it and, if so, what they think of it.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
I have to kind of apologize for this. I haven’t been checking tobaccoreviews.com very seriously for this one but now I notice three reviews there for this. That’s more than I expected and plenty as well.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
No.

I also received a free tin of C&D's Saint Patrick's Day Reserve 2023 from SP when I got my new Peterson Sherlock Holmes Lestrade on March 7th.

My tin is just sitting here too. From the tin description, not my thing.

On the other hand, although SP ended the promotion on Mar 20th, with the purchase of my new Rattray Distillery 107, I got a free Rattray Steam Punk Lighter - worth about $20 - which is a pretty cool gift on a $95 pipe.
Rattray_Lighter.jpg

All-in-all, March was a pretty good month of buys and promotions. - Sherm Natman

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
No.

I also received a free tin of C&D's Saint Patrick's Day Reserve 2023 from SP when I got my new Peterson Sherlock Holmes Lestrade on March 7th.

My tin is just sitting here too. From the tin description, not my thing.

On the other hand, although SP ended the promotion on Mar 20th, with the purchase of my new Rattray Distillery 107, I got a free Rattray Steam Punk Lighter - worth about $20 - which is a pretty cool gift on a $95 pipe.
View attachment 211324

All-in-all, March was a pretty good month of buys and promotions. - Sherm Natman
I was curious about the lighters. Have you used yours at all? Curious what you think of it.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I have well not this batch but from a few years ago. It wasn't a favorite but I did enjoy it and thought it was a very good aromatic. You can still taste the tobacco and the added flavors work well together and with the tobacco. It's got a good room note. It's the kind of blend that's worth having around for those situations where room note matters but you also want to enjoy a decent smoke. Another aro I feel is in the same vein even if the taste profile is wildly different would be Founding Fathers by C&D. If aros where more like this they'd get less guff from the puriest.