Has Anyone Tried Any Blender's Complete Line?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I definitely have favorite blenders. But even among those favorites, I still have a long way to go before I would have worked my way through their entire line-up. So I'm curious whether anyone here has smoked their way through anyone's complete offerings. (And if anyone says "yes" to McClelland, then you have my greatest respect!)
Bob

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
It is my goal to do that with MacBaren. I haven't counted how many I've had but it's quite a few. I really enjoy their blends.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I think I've tried all the Dunhills, or at least the current offerings.
I'd like to work my way through all the Cornell & Diehl line, but that would take awhile.

fishingandpipes

Aug 24, 2013
I think at some point or another I would have tried all the Dunhills as well. In general, this would be impossible for me as I don't smoke latakia any more, or aromatics outside of the scented lakeland flakes and the occasional bowl of Sugar Barrel.

landon

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2013
I'm working my way through G.L. Pease . I have the whole Old London series that I'm working on at the moment.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I have not smoked an entire catalog from one blender before, but I am working my way through McClelland's Grand Oriental Line and also through GL Pease's Fog City Selection Line. Unfortunately though, I am not there yet.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Sillems ,GL Pease,Erik Stokkabye,Frieborg and Treyer,Petersons,Nording,Rattrays,McConnell,Solani,Germain and the old Stokkabye lineup. Iam sure I missed some that are not here in the states or limited .About half way though McClelland .At this point I have my favorites and some I will never buy again .My two favorites are PS41 Swiss Delight (no longer available)and Rattrays Three Noggins .These days I have slowed way down and only smoke about two bowls a day and no more than three .When we moved this year I was sick and did not help pack up .My daughter made a box out of what was on my desk and the top drawer of the filing cabinet .So I have no idea where the rest of the cellar is .One side of the garage is floor to ceiling with boxes as well and one good sized bedroom .I almost cried when I found my Amphora pipe rack a couple of weeks ago,it was in a box marked books .Up until then I was limited to what few pipes were in my brief case or on my desk and some nasty estate pipes .Word to the wise if you buy what gets bragged up here on the website for one year it will be more than you can smoke in two .lol

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The idea blows my mind. I might catch up with Lowlands from smokingpipes.com, with four blends. I have a tin

of Cooper, and I'm smoking a pipe show sample of Waccamaw, which is esteemable, and I sampled Cooper at the

show, which really appealed to me. So, two more blends and I'll have that blender, unless they slip another one

into the array. Granger, does that count? I'm a one/two bowl a day piper, with sometimes a day or three off, so

this may not be my forte.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
igloo:
Seriously?! You've smoked through the entire GL Pease line? It currently stands at around 34 blends, so that's mighty impressive! Pease is one of my favorites, but I think I've only smoked about 14. . . and some blends I'll never try, due to either high nicotine content or high perique content. Rattray's, with about 17 blends would be more understandable. . . but even then I'm impressed that you'd have gone from the heavy English of 3 Noggins (which I quite enjoy) to the aromatic of Terry Red.
You may win the award! (Um, if there were an award.)
Bob

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
" Latakia and aromatics make it so I probably won't be smoking all the way through many more lines."
And if not those then. . . perique or Red Virginias or something else. It seems nearly every line would have some blends that we just don't care for or even try to avoid. So I think it's especially impressive if someone could actually make their way through a large and very diverse line-up -- like, say, a MacBaren, a McClelland, a C&D.
Bob

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Well I started smoking a pipe in 1984 it is not like I smoked all those blends in one setting .But the real deal is this I smoke for flavor so I don't get hung up on one blend or type of blend .There are many who only smoke English style blends or whatever and nothing else ,it is pretty easy to have a top ten in the cellar that way .But lets say if I smoke some WOL 1864 in the mid afternoon ,chances are the nuances of a English blend after dinner are really going to shine .Even better is when the Dunhill and Samuel Gawith blends dried up a couple of years ago guys where jumping though hoops trying to find them .Then when they did come back guys horded them like gold so they were sold out again .When the Dunhill blends came back they all screamed they are not the same as they were ,of course not they were a different vintage just like wines vary from year to year .Here is another example I read it here every other month (I only smoke EMP and Frog Morton sucks)well Frog Morton does not suck they just cant taste it anymore .Hell what do I know I smoke anything I can find in pipes no one wants .

escioe

Oct 31, 2013
I've had 21 of the current 34 Pease blends, with three more waiting for me in the cellar. That's the only one I'm even close to.
Cairo, Odyssey

Abingdon, Blackpoint, Charing Cross, Kensington, Stratford

Lombard, Ashbury, Laurel Heights, Fillmore, Embarcadero, Union Square

Gaslight, Meridian, Quiet Nights, Chelsea Morning

Jackknife Plug

Key Largo, Maltese Falcon, Westminster
I've had a few odd bowls of Barbary Coast, Haddo's, and Cumberland at various points, but wouldn't really feel confident in assessing them now. Not so for those above.
I've got Samarra, Robusto, and Triple Play on deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.