PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpicking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
I was just doing some web browsing to look for new tobacconists that I haven't tried before, and I found McCrainies.com.
OH, my word - I'm in love at first sight!! Along with a modest tinned tobacco selection, they have 50 house blends, and I want about 40 of them. If their skill at blending is as good as their skill at describing their blends... Ya'll really need to check this place out - and be prepared to drool. :)
The only catch (at least for someone on a fixed income) is that the smallest size they sell is 2oz, at about $8.00 each. That means that I can only buy a few at a time, but they all sound so good that I don't know how I can possibly pick just a few first blends to try.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
It's a great place.The folks there really know there products.They're very friendly and helpful.The house blends there are top notch.I guess you can tell I like the place..As to the second part of your post.I'm retired as well and don't often get a raise in my pension.Pipe and tobacco prices however seem to be rising at ever increasing speed.Sometimes I wonder how much longer I will be able to afford to smoke.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Ive never ordered from them but have shopped in person MANY MANY times ... they are a great, knowledgable and friendly staff... you cant go wrong wit McCrannies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Smoking an Ashton pebble grain right now that I purchased from them a couple of years ago. Great service, no complaints. I have not purchased any tobacco from them yet though.

tpicking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Here's my first order - I'm psyched!
Colonial

Purposely plain to encourage a real tobacco taste. The rich, robust flavor of Burley with a trace of Virginia cube cut, Turkish and Perique. Cool, dry and easy burning. Definitely for the seasoned smoker.
Currituck

It marries red cake matured Virginia to stoved Virginia, a soft ribbon burley, a dark navy flake, and a pungent Cavendish flake to result in a blend that is smooth and satisfying.
First Light

A style of Virginia seldom seen in America. A red cake, fully-rubbed, matured Virginia that is exceptionally soft, and carefully aged to bring out the natural sweetness.
Southport

Made from rich, orange and red Virginias with a touch of Perique to create a refreshing smoke with a satisfying richness and depth of flavor. This broken flake is for the straight smoker.

tpicking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Jud writes: I did a thread on them yesterday.
And hobie1dog adds: Funny you missed the thread that was only one day old on McCranies.
Oops - sorry. It's my dial-up connection. The pages take a little while to load, and I clicked "Add New" before the subjects all loaded on the page. Just weird coincidence that Jud had talked about them the day before I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.