Has anyone bought from them...therightpipe...?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
citrine, I'm lost. What's the question? What's the subject? Is there a missing photo? I think a little more information

is needed to launch this thread.

citrine

Lurker
Nov 12, 2012
Thank you Onepyrotec for the feedback. Just wanted to know more about this meer merchant. I have bought from several meer shops but have had bad experiences.

lqjones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 8, 2013
If your looking for meerschaums, I recommend altinook pipes. Not affiliated with them in anyway but they have beautiful pipes and very reputable. I have bought from them in the past and been very satisfied.

Jan 8, 2013
I guess, since the name of the shop wasn't familiar, the title seemed kind of off lol. I guess the question still stands... has anyone purchased from them? I'm a bit curious myself.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Thank you Onepyrotec for the feedback. Just wanted to know more about this meer merchant. I have bought from several meer shops but have had bad experiences.
Meers can be a touchy subject. I have had my share of frustrations buying them to say the least.

I'd suggest MeerschaumStore.com simply because they are a site supporter & so far there has been no bad feedback that I have seen. I have not personally used them...
I have been screwed, lied to, and ignored by several "popular" meer sellers.
The person who I have used twice in the last few months has been Deniz URAL. Quick to reply, very detailed with emails, easy to work with. http://bestmeerschaums.homestead.com/coverpage.html

auslander

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2013
lied to, and ignored by several "popular" meer sellers
I'm with you there, I haven't bought a Meerschaum yet for the sheer fact that the customer service and questionable information from those sellers I've spoken to and looked at left with the alarm bells ringing like St Peters Church.

citrine

Lurker
Nov 12, 2012
Thank you guys for the input. Your experiences are similar to mine, I like the artistic side of meer pipes, but it is the dealing with sellers that put me off. However, must agree, Deniz is the best I've dealt with.

Live and learn, but I suppose bad experiences can happen anywhere in cyberspace when online shopping..

jerry

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 2, 2009
Western Massachusetts
I've had excellent experiences buying meers from Deniz Ural, located in USA; and from Sinan Altinok, located in Turkey. These are my two favorite meerschaum dealers.

citrine

Lurker
Nov 12, 2012
My personal experience buying meerschaum is as follows:
The GOOD : Bestmeerschaum, Smokingpipes.com
The BAD : Yanik
The Ugly : Altinok,
The Best : EBAY !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.