New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

briarfriar

Can't Leave
“Leavitt & Peirce’s signature is in its smell. Barrels of loose tobacco create an unmistakable aroma, one employees have long gotten used to, that lingers in every corner. Employees fill their tables with hard cedar soaps, their shelves with Harvard vs. Yale footballs, and their bins with vintage poster finds. A faint clicking—L&P’s tried and true Casio calculator—rings up another customer’s total.”

Read all about it here.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Well that was an unfulfilling article that seemed to lack any point or conclusion. That writer won't be winning any awards soon. lol

I did 18 yrs in Cambridge and used to walk by it all the time, in my cigarette days i would buy an occasional pack in there while looking around the knickknacks they had. Even in the late 80s early 90s it wasn't much of a pipe tobacco shop anymore.

Reactions: AroEnglish

doctorbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Grand Ledge, Michigan
I think i was there the day you bought that! Ok not really but there's always the slim chance we passed enough in the Square, maybe lunch at the hong kong or coffee at au bon pain .. the best almond croissants I've ever had
That's a possibility, I worked in a lab at MIT and lived in Davis Square. Ended up doing most of my pre reqs for veterinary school at Harvard. I was in the area a LOT. 🤣

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
That's a possibility, I worked in a lab at MIT and lived in Davis Square. Ended up doing most of my pre reqs for veterinary school at Harvard. I was in the area a LOT. 🤣
When my mom was killed i got shipped from FL to live with my brother in MA so lived in Powderhouse SQ right by Tufts, i was 17 so of course sent most of my free time in Harvard Sq, ended up getting a job at the Charles Hotel doing roomservice (met a shitload of famous people) and I used to live in the Sq own the weekends, I knew all the street performers and even helped a couple like Luke out taking collections LOL ... my favorite spot was Border Cafe, used to go in every day for cajun popcorn shrimp and a large ice tea.. for years .. I knew Mike the owner very well, one of the bartenders took me to my first Bruins game and had my first underaged drinks (hard liquor) there ... i was a regular they never even asked my age. LOL Good times .. a simpler time.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's not exactly Iwan Ries or the late Nat Sherman store, but it looks interesting. Gifts, Tobacco, Games doesn't promise too much. In that area, Peretti is the place, I'd guess.