Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
You may remember an article I wrote on December 2nd, titled; "This Isn't Your Grandfather's Pipe".
I just updated it with new information from the CDC that shows not only that pipe smoking has increased in recent years, but that it has increased more in the 18 - 25 year old range.
Look for the UPDATE box just below the fold.
Check it out - This Isn't Your Grandfather's Pipe

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
It does seem that, after a "missing generation" the joys of pipe smoking are once again gaining favour. This can only be good news for the community as a whole.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
My youngest son, a college sophomore at UNO, has decided quite on his own to pick up the pipe. I am so proud! :D. Thanks for the update!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Yes yes, get the word out. We are taking this industry over ladies and gentlemen. :twisted:

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
Ladies and gentlemen, let us remove our hats and lament the "lost generation" who threw the baby out with the bathwater and thus deprived themselves of an enjoyable pastime.
Now, raise your glasses to salute the younger generation, who are rekindling the hobby, and to Kevin and everyone on the PM.com forum who continue to do so much to support them.
Simon

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Thats goo to hear that I am not the only young'un smoking pipes. I started my freshman year at 18, I am now half way through my sophomore year and am still enjoying my pipe, probably even more.
I am 19 and I am even the VP of the local pipe club in my area

jameral

Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Now, raise your glasses to salute the younger generation, who are rekindling the hobby, and to Kevin and everyone on the PM.com forum who continue to do so much to support them.
+1

tomdavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2011
Houston TX
In the past 6 months I have enjoyed several positive comments by young men in their 20's as I walked by smoking my pipe. One said "I like your pipe...that is really old school" said with a tone that I know means he will find one and try it. My early 30's son-in-law is also interested. The more we smoke in public the more others will realize how bad cigars and cigarettes stink and give our hobby a try. I particularly enjoy smiling back at their girl friends.
We still need to fight regulation and support Greg and others in that fight.

dimm

Might Stick Around
Jan 7, 2012
Montréal, Canada
I'm 22. Smoked cigs before and quit after a fight with pneumonia. I've tried cigars but I couldn't stand the stink. The pipe is the tastiest and most rewarding form of smoking I have tried. Absolutely love it.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Great article and very good to hear the younger generation getting into this fine pastime. May the trend continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.