Happy to Join, from Mexico City/Emirates.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hi my name is Hector F, smoking pipes for 20 years now but lately taking it more serious and often, time to get real expert. I own 17 pipes including couple of meerschaums.

I will be more than happy to learn and share my own experiences.

Cool smokes everyone.
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: HectorF

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Hi! Yes they are some, thou I have not smoke them in long time. Most of our tobacco production comes from an estate next to the Golf of Mexico, Veracruz, for cigars and pipe. I do not know nobody else in person who smokes pipe as they are not too many pipe smokers.

The classic blends we have are some maple tobacco which is nice, and also some rum tobacco. They have come with some new blends (if you can finde them) and I tried the "natural" which seems straight Virginia cut too fine and burns too hot. Two bowls already but I did not like it too much.
In general we don't have the market for the tobacco connoisseurs there unfortunately. But if you ever try the mapple or the rum tobacco are worth it for curiosity. Sold in "Sanborns" stores only.
Do you know what the brands are called or have a photo of the packages? I have a good friend from Xalapa that I think could get me some.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.