PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
I have a Milwaukee M12 jacket that is heated w/their 12-Volt Lithium-Ion battery. I know that they have heated gloves too, but no personal experience w/them. The jacket is great though, so I assume the same w/their gloves, but they’re a little pricey?

Reactions: Jeremiah Johnson

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I’ve got a pair of old Zippo fuel ones that I used to use when I was a kid. My dad and I loved them!

Although they work fine we just used the disposable chemical ones that you just shake & break for the last 3+ decades. They are cheap and easy and we could buy them by the crate back in the day at farm & ranch stores.

Jeremiah Johnson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2020
Westchester County, NY
Part of the equation is that I also use my iPhone a lot while smoking outdoors, so while I like the idea od heated gloves, they might not work well with a touch-screen. I'll check the prices on the chemical hand-warmers! With a fuel-driven one I'd probably be worrying that it will explode!

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I have the zippo fuel/catalyst handwarmers, but haven’t used them for smoking a pipe. They’re fiddly enough that I only bother to use them on a longer, colder outing, like ice fishing.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I have one of those clamshell hand warmers that uses solid fuel sticks tucked away in a drawer. One lights a charcoal looking stick then places it in the warmer to slowly burn.

I bought it years ago for my fishing trips but never found it useful as the sticks would often as not go out before burning through.

Hope you find something suitable.

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: Jeremiah Johnson

Jeremiah Johnson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2020
Westchester County, NY
I have the zippo fuel/catalyst handwarmers, but haven’t used them for smoking a pipe. They’re fiddly enough that I only bother to use them on a longer, colder outing, like ice fishing.
It's true that adding something else I need to fiddle about with is probably not the smoothest idea, and I should invest in a better pair of gloves than the ones I currently have first. Nevertheless, I ordered a box of the disposable hand warmers, which should arrive tomorrow! Have to try something to provide proof-of-concept before investing in a better pair of gloves! I'll let you all know how it goes. ?

Seriously though, if these work for me, it will really increase my outdoor smoking time, which will make my life a lot easier and more pleasant.

Reactions: Casual
Status
Not open for further replies.