PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
Halloween is likely my favorite holiday. I can freak people out, and binge on candy. Also make neighborhood kids happy. And watch scary movies nonstop.
In honor of Halloween, I just scored a great looking Peterson Dracula 03 - with the craggiest blast I have yet to see on a Dracula. I also picked up a tin of that new C&D Monster Mixture, and a pound box of Old Dark Fired to boot.
It's a good day for the inner Halloween / autumnal season geek within.
sUGxuGa.jpg

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. Binge watch horror movies all month (everything from the original Dracula and Frankenstein to the 80s slashers and to some of the newer stuff like Rob Zombie movies and Jeepers Creepers).
I am hooked up with a local horror film festival so I am going to appear at a premier next Thursday as Freddy Krueger and next month will be doing four days there as Jason, Freddy and Michael Myers. I'm into slasher cosplay, have six costumes I've made/assembled. I've planned out my yard decorations for Halloween all ready as I'm doing a Nightmare on Elm Street theme.
@ravenwolf, love your Dracula. I have the same one except smooth.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
These days Halloween makes me a bit sad..When I lived up north in the city I got a lot of trick or treeters.I loved seeing the smile on those little kids faces when I gave them more candy than they expected to get.I now live in a retirement community.I get no trick or treeters.I really miss them.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Thanks for the warning. I'll be locking my doors and turning off the lights, but watching for vandals. Teenagers really ruin things by using the night as an excuse for lawlessness, vandalism and overall hooligan behavior. Shame really. Used to be fun back in the day.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
No problems in my neighborhood either. However, it's in no way like it was years ago as I only see a handful of children the entire day.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I love Halloween! It has always been my favorite, especially being a child of the 80's that loved horror and slasher flicks. From the decorations, to costumes and of course the sweets. Heck, I'd probably live in the Addams Family house given the option. I was in the store today and the seasonal section is in full swing, so decorating will commence soon. :D

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats on that Pete!
Halloween is also a favorite of mine. I greatly enjoy walking with my kids - all excited and in costume - as they go from house to house.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I also enjoy this holiday the most. Unfortunately I will be in Scotland during this halloween. I dont think the Scots are much for this one!

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Unfortunately I will be in Scotland during this halloween.
You're going to be in Scotland for Halloween and you feel that you are unfortunate! Wow, I really feel sorry for you... NOT! :wink:

As for your avatar; would that pipe you have perhaps be Savinelli Miele?

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
You're going to be in Scotland for Halloween and you feel that you are unfortunate! Wow, I really feel sorry for you... NOT!
I'll second that one. Tell you what, I'll go for you. I went there 10 years ago for a month, and by far it's still the best vacation I've ever taken in my life.
I'd love to relocate with a company there for a few years.

Haloween, here, is still rather wholesome. The teens tend to be busy on their Ataris, Gameboxes, IPods, and whatnots to care much about going outside to do stuff. We get majorly toddlers dressed as pixies with parents dressed as zombies standing behind them. What's up with zombies? They're disgusting. What happened to sexy vampiresses and French maids?

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Doh, I forgot to say congratulations on the Drac. It does have an impressive blast. Also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbLG7KvzmmY&feature=share

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
@phil... haha I didnt mean that I will be sad to be in Scotland. I would much rather be there, trust me! I guess I can take a year off of the holiday haha! And the pipe in my avatar is a La Rocca Dulce.

Status
Not open for further replies.