Halloween Costumes Incorporating your Pipes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

TheBarstoolsBuiltForBen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2023
Texas
I’ve got two young boys, so we go all out for all out each year. This year I’m going to use my Jekyll and Hyde with my costume as Jack the Ripper. A few years ago, the family went as Lord of the Rings. I was the Ranger, and I bought a churchwarden to complete my costume. Just wondering if y’all have any cool costumes where you’ve used your pipes.

IMG_0275.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
I’ve got two young boys, so we go all out for all out each year. This year I’m going to use my Jekyll and Hyde with my costume as Jack the Ripper. A few years ago, the family went as Lord of the Rings. I was the Ranger, and I bought a churchwarden to complete my costume. Just wondering if y’all have any cool costumes where you’ve used your pipes.

View attachment 252560
Thats awesome! Thanks for sharing that. Im looking forward to seeing my grandkids decked out soon for the occasion. Back in 1991 I used my dads Korean era Uniform and some rayban aviator's and went out as MacArthur with a cob stack.

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
Halloween Didn't exist in the UK when I was young but it spread from the USA about 40 years ago, I still don't know what it is or the origins of it, we get kids coming round "trick or treat", we celebrate Bonfire Night or Guy Fawkes Night on the 5th November, well I did it when I was a kid and used to take a Guy (after Guy Fawkes) made out of old clothes and twigs door to door and ask for "a penny for the Guy" on the 5th November after Dark we had a big Bonfire and set off fireworks, this still happens religiously every year, this was the only celebration we had at this time of year. I bet if I asked the kids that come round trick and treating, what are the origins of what you are doing ? they wouldn't have a clue.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I have been known to wear my red overalls, red knit stocking cap and fur topped boots while sitting outside with a pipe and pass out candy to Trick-or-Treaters. I usually have some age appropriate Christmas trinkets for the children too young for candy.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Hat is off to any who enjoy it!

I haven’t worn a costume since 5th grade - never enjoyed trick or treating once I got to be about 10.

My wife made incredible costumes for our girls growing up and that was fun. Amazing what she could come up with.