PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevecourtright

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2018
Evanston, IL
So, I am sitting with a great friend at the 2018 Chicago Pipe Show in the smoking tent enjoying a bowl with a table full of friendly fellows. One reaches into his pocket and pulls out a new tin of Dunhill Flake and gives it to me. Another tosses over a tin of And So To Bed. A third hands me a tin of Harvest on Hudson. Only recently, and through forums like this one, I now realize that none of these tobaccos are made any more. I am just so moved by the generosity of these people I met. And it's possible I will not be able to thank them properly. So, thank you to all of you, and especially to aforesaid fellows and those like them who want to connect and share the fun.
While I have smoked pipes off and on since college (>30 years) I only now have made an effort to really learn about this hobby. And because of my experience at the show, I want to get more involved. Thus, this introduction, and my pledge to pay it back if I can.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

The Chicago Pipe Show is great! Good times. Dunhill Flake is one of the best. And So to Bed is still made and appears here and there from time to time. I'm not familiar with the third one mentioned. Pipe smoking can bring some of the greatest recollections. My Secret Santa may get a nicely aged tin of Dunhill Flake? I want it all for myself, but giving feels good. Welcome to the forum.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome from the far northwestern suburbs (I-90 & Rt.23). The 2018 CPS was my first...looking forward to next years.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the forum! There is a great bunch of people on here, and lots of good information as well. There were a few threads within the past week or so about the generosity of pipe smokers. Welcome to the club!

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
The club that hosts the show is having four meetups in the area this month! Social smokes in Downtown Chicago, Arlington Heights, and Waukegan, regular monthly meeting in Villa Park.
I can only imagine the fine folks who shared rare time with you will, or someone else who would, be among them.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard. I grew up in the near Northwest suburb of Park Ridge on the commuter train line.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
+1 on chilllucky's invitation to relive the tent experience at the CPCC monthly meeting on Villa Park, or any of the social smokes. I'll add St. Charles to Lucky's list of locations. The best place to see upcoming events is on our Facebook page. There is an event tab with a list of upcoming events.

stevecourtright

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2018
Evanston, IL
@All Thanks for the warm welcome.
@chilllucky and @craiginthecorn - I signed up, thanks for the tip. Hope to meet you (and others) at a meet up.
@Cosmic - while I do both (bicycle and take the train) I would be happy to ride with you through the city via two wheels. I've been commuting, riding, and racing since 1989... Let me know when you are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.