PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MidnightPuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 6, 2020
Ohio
I've always been interested in the H&H blends. Specifically Chestnut their match for walnut. I enjoy sutliffs Walnut match a lot. As for the Chatham Manor and Prince Andrew, as long as we have the Middleton stuff I've seen no reason to try them.

Reactions: Deano

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
I've always been interested in the H&H blends. Specifically Chestnut their match for walnut. I enjoy sutliffs Walnut match a lot. As for the Chatham Manor and Prince Andrew, as long as we have the Middleton stuff I've seen no reason to try them.
Pretty sure Sutliff manufactures the H&H blends, so if you have the Walnut match, you're already smoking Chestnut.

JohnMosesBrowning

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 5, 2018
Southeast Michigan
Pretty sure Sutliff manufactures the H&H blends, so if you have the Walnut match, you're already smoking Chestnut.
You know them to be identical? I have both and don't find them to be the same. The cut isn't even similar. The orientals in the Sutliff Walnut Match are much more evident to me. I'd be fascinated to learn that their identical and that the differences are only from one batch to another rather than two distinct recipes. Can anyone clarify?

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
You know them to be identical? I have both and don't find them to be the same. The cut isn't even similar. The orientals in the Sutliff Walnut Match are much more evident to me. I'd be fascinated to learn that their identical and that the differences are only from one batch to another rather than two distinct recipes. Can anyone clarify?
My statement was only hearsay. I haven't bought any of the bulk stuff because I'm well stocked with tins of White Knight and Black House. It's been reported on this forum (somewhere) that they're the same.