PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Sadly I lost every one of my guns in a tragic canoe accident. I repeat, I have no guns. I spend all of my spare money and time on pipe tobacco and pipes. Living in Alaska, however, if I had a gun, I sure think the idea of a Sig Emperor Scorpion in 10mm is a fun idea. I’d like to put a rail mounted light on it during the winter months when it’s dark and I’d also probably load it with Lehigh’s 185gr Xtreme Penetrators over 8.3 grains of Accurate No. 5 and I’d probably have an average velocity of 1,036 FPS and probably be able to hold about a 2” shot group at 25 yards and I’d probably have a custom hip and chest holsters made for it to be able to carry it in a variety of ways as a viable bear defense weapon and I’d probably also be comfortable shooting grouse with it out to about 25 yards using head shots only. But, if I ever did buy a pistol like this, it’d be terribly lonely, because like I said, I don’t have any guns as a result of that canoe accident.

View attachment 73806
I potentially had the same gun and potentially my cousin, potentially, found it, potentially, at his cabin, where potentially he, potentially lives and by all rumors, loves it.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
My stock is down but here are few pieces still on handView attachment 73588
1956 S & W Highway Patrolman, 1976 Ruger Security Six, cheap Heritage .22 for the grandkids to shoot.
View attachment 73592
Mid 1990s Colt Government .380. Everything is here down to the hang tag. 3 stainless mags and even extra set of original grip panels.
View attachment 73593
1953 CZ 52, 7.62x25

I remember those CZ 52’s being sold about 15 years ago. 7.62x25 is a mean round.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Sadly I lost every one of my guns in a tragic canoe accident. I repeat, I have no guns. I spend all of my spare money and time on pipe tobacco and pipes. Living in Alaska, however, if I had a gun, I sure think the idea of a Sig Emperor Scorpion in 10mm is a fun idea. I’d like to put a rail mounted light on it during the winter months when it’s dark and I’d also probably load it with Lehigh’s 185gr Xtreme Penetrators over 8.3 grains of Accurate No. 5 and I’d probably have an average velocity of 1,036 FPS and probably be able to hold about a 2” shot group at 25 yards and I’d probably have a custom hip and chest holsters made for it to be able to carry it in a variety of ways as a viable bear defense weapon and I’d probably also be comfortable shooting grouse with it out to about 25 yards using head shots only. But, if I ever did buy a pistol like this, it’d be terribly lonely, because like I said, I don’t have any guns as a result of that canoe accident.

View attachment 73806
Does the o light give you the o face?

I sadly lost the delta elite in quicksand

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
In my humble opinion,ever since starting from the Colt SA 1873 peacemaker era 'Americans have been making best revolvers on earth,stupidly enough I sold almost all my handguns some ten years ago, still one 32cal pistol and rifle are remaining , today our Gov have made it hard enough to get new firearm licenses, hope the US will not follow the same fatal path as the majority of European countries did during the few recent years

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
I wished we were allowed to own guns, hell if I protect my property and I get caught doing so I end up in jail and the intruder gets a get out of jail card. The regulations are so strict its practically not doable to have guns in your home, not for personal protection at least. storing them at the shooting range is much easier. If I would be allowed I wouldn't be able to pick, always imagined sleeping with a sawn off shotgun under my bed which is a terrible choice now as I want to hit the intruder, not the rest of my furniture.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I wished we were allowed to own guns, hell if I protect my property and I get caught doing so I end up in jail and the intruder gets a get out of jail card. The regulations are so strict its practically not doable to have guns in your home, not for personal protection at least. storing them at the shooting range is much easier. If I would be allowed I wouldn't be able to pick, always imagined sleeping with a sawn off shotgun under my bed which is a terrible choice now as I want to hit the intruder, not the rest of my furniture.

Slugs.

Unless you have a huge house or you're a terrible shot, you'd be fine, even with multiple pellets.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
What is the sense of owning guns when you can't just go shoot some dick who pisses you off? Shooting at pieces of paper or smoking artisan pipes full of aged flakes. I'll take the tobacco and pipes. The world doesn't need a 63 year old psycho with little impulse control owning a safe full of weapons.

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
What is the sense of owning guns when you can't just go shoot some dick who pisses you off? Shooting at pieces of paper or smoking artisan pipes full of aged flakes. I'll take the tobacco and pipes. The world doesn't need a 63 year old psycho with little impulse control owning a safe full of weapons.
You can shoot someone who pisses you off you just have to hid the body

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
Some of the shotgun home defense rounds are pretty mean

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
The 63 year old “psycho” isn’t what are giving guns a bad rap. It’s the brine that uses them criminally and the incels who feel victimized.

Status
Not open for further replies.