PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I hear ya, ........... last time I got attacked by a spruce hen I wished I was packin a little more heat!!..... :ROFLMAO:
Hahaha, hey man. Spruce hens can kill a man. Never been closer to heart attack than when those bastards flush from right under your feet when silently stalking around in the moose woods. Almost poop a little bit every time.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Hahaha, hey man. Spruce hens can kill a man. Never been closer to heart attack than when those bastards flush from right under your feet when silently stalking around in the moose woods. Almost poop a little bit every time.
HAHA!........... Just funnin' man! We have grouse here in Ohio like that............ Stalking deer and they flush up a few feet from you....... Ya, keep the TP handy, or else your hunting with one sock missing the rest of the day.......... ?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
HAHA!........... Just funnin' man! We have grouse here in Ohio like that............ Stalking deer and they flush up a few feet from you....... Ya, keep the TP handy, or else your hunting with one sock missing the rest of the day.......... ?
Indeed. Gets me every time. Makes me want to evaporate the stupid bastards into a bloody shit mist with the .300 win mag.

boatme99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2021
Somewhere in this vast universe
In the pic of the pistols at the range, I should have named them.
From nearest to farthest
Ruger LRC22. Hated it
I forget, it's not a Charter but the other similar guns produced at the same time. .38 Did it begin with an E?
Ruger Security Six
S&W Highway Patrolman
Colt Government 380
Ruger Standard 22
CZ 52
Sig P239 9mm
Another forgotten one. I can't remember what the hell that was!

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Yep. My brother used to work offshore on 14 day hitches. His then wife kept a 44 Magnum Dirty Harry at the bedside. She said “Any intruder might see her naked, but it would be the last thing he ever saw.”

I hope she was a hottie because I'd sure hate to die with the image of an ugly, fat woman seared into the back of my eyeballs.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Sadly I lost every one of my guns in a tragic canoe accident. I repeat, I have no guns. I spend all of my spare money and time on pipe tobacco and pipes. Living in Alaska, however, if I had a gun, I sure think the idea of a Sig Emperor Scorpion in 10mm is a fun idea. I’d like to put a rail mounted light on it during the winter months when it’s dark and I’d also probably load it with Lehigh’s 185gr Xtreme Penetrators over 8.3 grains of Accurate No. 5 and I’d probably have an average velocity of 1,036 FPS and probably be able to hold about a 2” shot group at 25 yards and I’d probably have a custom hip and chest holsters made for it to be able to carry it in a variety of ways as a viable bear defense weapon and I’d probably also be comfortable shooting grouse with it out to about 25 yards using head shots only. But, if I ever did buy a pistol like this, it’d be terribly lonely, because like I said, I don’t have any guns as a result of that canoe accident.

C4E7DF45-9A00-4922-AFD5-BD38AA6B46DA.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.