PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
I am a bass player, and have been playing around five years. I currently own five basses, with a 2010 USA Fender Jazz being my main axe.
Hey, kylemaxwell, what's that pedal next to the Big Muff? It looks like an MXR of some kind but it's tough to see.

kylemaxwell

Lurker
Aug 14, 2013
Yaddy, that's an MXR Phase 90 phaser. It's what was used on the bass track for Stranglehold. I love it!
Hey thanks though man! The USA Fender fivers are pretty great instruments. I still have yet to get a five though, someday :mrgreen:

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
papipeguy, what is that purple sparkle in the background, is that a Danelectro?

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I've been playing for 50 years this Christmas. I'm all acoustic now. I have three very nice acoustics and as a retired teacher in Louisiana PAD was a much cheaper replacement for GAS. I tend not to clean my guitars other than a chamois every now and then. I clean my pipes every week. (that sounds dirty)One of my guitars is almost my age and has never been polished and it still shines and has a few layers of finish left on it. I think my subliminal reasoning is that the guitars play just as easy and sound fantastic whether it is dirty or not. I've noticed a change in flavor if my pipes are dirty.

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
Guitarist and bassist here. I have a lot of instruments, and only polish them if they've been sweated on a lot over the course of a hot Summer. i've never polished one of my pipes though.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
sallow, yes it's a Dano 12 string. Saw it in the store and just had to have it. It worked great on Beatles and Byrds tunes with the garage band we had at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.