PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mb1mb

Might Stick Around
Oct 5, 2012
I bought 2oz. Of Grousemoor. I've had a bowl and a half.... The jury is out for me on this one. I don't hate it.... But, I'm not loving it either. I may want to trade some or all.. I'll give it a few more tries before I mike that determination.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Keep it. I wasn't sure about Grousemoor when I first started smoking it either. Now it is in my top 10 and maybe top 5.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Lakeland brands are strange. My first taste was not that positive. Not long after I had a desire to try it again, and enjoy Grousmoor. I actually enjoy the distinct flavor of Lakeland blends. I really enjoy the bulk flakes from Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Bulk Tobacco. They are a bit strong, but unique. These are truly the best years of pipe smoking. So many blends, so little time.
:puffpipe:

frennchy11

Dec 28, 2011
This is one I have wanted to try for a while let me know if you want to trade

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
GrouseMoor is my go-to aromatic blend. Some love it and some hate it. It HAS to be at the right moisture level. Too wet and it will not stay lit and bite you like a ferret, too dry and the flavour becomes muted. Keep in mind you're smoking a straight VA so no blazing through it.
It is an unique blend indeed. Also seems to have quite a bit of Vitamin N that sneaks up on you, I usually zone out after a small-to-medium sized bowl.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Guess i need to try some of this. If you want to trade off a few bowl fulls let me know.

bigmick

Might Stick Around
Nov 1, 2012
Grousemoor is one of my top 3. Number two to be exact. It's a good smoke every time, but every now and then I get everything right and it almost seems a different tobacco. I struggle to perfect my technique so that every bowl of Grousemoor is like that. I fail often but I will persevere.

bamacfa

Lurker
Oct 28, 2012
Alabama
I really enjoy this tobacco. I am new to pipe smoking and have tried about ten brands and this is one of my favorite

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I like it straight out of the fresh tin.

But, for me the flavor gets brighter and brighter as it gets dryer and dryer.

One of my top 5 favorites.
:puffy:

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Baron the primary flavor is lemon grass.

I know... a bit off the beaten track, but a lot of confirmed Latakia smokers swear by it.

My daughters say it has no... NO... room note.

Very odd, but very very good....

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
I want to try this simply because I dig the tin art. My dad is a grouse hunter and has always had English setters (dogs) that look just like those on the label.
003-059-0005.jpg

Lemon sounds like something I could enjoy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.