PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Was able to get my hands on a tin before Tobaccopipes sold out again.

This thread has me curious, i’ll keep you guys posted.

Also picked up some Sillem’s Black as was recommended by another member here.

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
You're weird!
But seriously, Grousemoor is one of my all time favourites, both the ribbon and the plug (though the plug wins). It tastes like rosewater and lemon grass and I love it.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
I didn’t love it but I didn’t dislike it. It was almost a soapy taste but not quite like a Lakeland. More of a strong floral essence with some hay. It was unique and I’m not sure how I feel about it. I don’t have that urge to smoke more of it.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I have smoked a few bowls of it now. The flavor and aroma are of roses and other flowers, lemongrass, hay and the musty, earthy smell from lush undergrowth. Soil, moss, grass and the like. No tobacco flavor at all, except the earthy, musty notes and the hay notes might be from the empire virginias. There is very little nicotine. I've been smoking it in a narrow chambered, cheap cob, and although I think it might benefit from a wider chamber, I'm not prepared to sacrifice one of my briars to it. Not yet at least.

Oh and it's still damn weird.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
workman I barely got me used to Condor, so take it slow there, mate :lol:. Grousemoore was on my list, but now that I have read your input I am not so sure. I have a tin of 1792 which I will open as soon as I empty the condor jar (which I am smoking quite fast, given my first impression of the blend). By the way, you wrote a recent post on 1792, did that ghost a briar? or better yet, I should ask did you feel comfortable with trying that in a briar? Since it's a flake, I thought of dedicating a large pot dunhill pipe to this blend, a pipe which I don't like its cadance that much, but I wouldn't want to ruin it either.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
Ive got a briar dedicated to Ennerdale. I wonder if that would be best to try Grousemoor in, or would a cob be best to start ?

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Madox07: I have a pipe dedicated to 1792 Flake. I love the stuff and it definitely tastes of tobacco! I have only smoked it in one pipe, so I really don't know how bad it ghosts, but other smokers warn about it.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Yup, especially because I don't smoke lat-bombs. :)
Dunno, but I bought a pipe just for Top Black Cherry. Smoked a bowl of that in it, cleaned it out and let it rest, then smoked a bowl of Rainy Day a couple of weeks later. Did not notice any ghost at all.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I have smoked Mac Barens Classic Flake in several of my pipes and there is a faint vanilla ghost in them even after 5-6 bowls of other stuff, but it's a pleasant ghost and I don't mind it. I might give 1792 a go in one of my other pipes, because I think the tonquin might also be like that. Lat ghosts are nasty, and Grousemoor would be too much, I think.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
I have 2 pipes dedicated to Ennerdale, Grasmere, glengarry, and boson... not sure why I wouldn't mind the Lakeland leeching into some navy or straight va. :) I just got 3 tins of grousemore.. haven't tried it yet. had to smoke the 1792 first..(which is AMAZING) Im pretty sure a tin of grousemore and Lakeland dark will both get cracked this weekend.. patience has never been one of my better attributes.. :P
Macbaron HH lat flake is the only thing ive ever notice Ghost a pipe. but im simple.. LOL

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
But wouldn't a Lakeland ghost be better than a Latakia ghost? I know im biased because I love Lakelands, but I love Lat as well. Davinci, Odyssey, Abingdon are all great! but that latakia flake was way too much for me

Status
Not open for further replies.