PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mr Mitsouko

Lurker
Jul 21, 2024
France
Welcome from the Birthplace of Texas.

I smoked L.J. Peretti blends almost exclusively for nearly thirty (30) years, until very recently.
What do you think of the Tashkent?
Tashkent's a revelation. I can only describe it as having given me my first entry into a tobacco that feels actually three dimensional, experiencing as I do its myriad flavors all at once, but in detail, the full complex spectrum as, well, let's go ahead and call it "E pluribus unum," if that makes sense. I'm in fact smoking it now in the heat of summer, which opens up all sorts of oriental doors of association. What Peretti blends did you enjoy over all those years?

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024
Where Texas Began
What Peretti blends did you enjoy over all those years?
You already named a couple of my usual blends (Tashkent & Omega), to which I would definitely have to add the Blend No. 333 (burley).
Even though I am currently going through what my wife would call a *midlife crisis, Royal Blend remains my tobacco of choice. I would say that your experience with Tashkent, which is then amplified by the Yenidje, is basically the perfect description of Royal.
*I prefer to think of it as more like a tobacco Rumspringa.

Reactions: Mr Mitsouko

Mr Mitsouko

Lurker
Jul 21, 2024
France
You already named a couple of my usual blends (Tashkent & Omega), to which I would definitely have to add the Blend No. 333 (burley).
Even though I am currently going through what my wife would call a *midlife crisis, Royal Blend remains my tobacco of choice. I would say that your experience with Tashkent, which is then amplified by the Yenidje, is basically the perfect description of Royal.
*I prefer to think of it as more like a tobacco Rumspringa.
Thanks for the recommendations! My son lives in Boston and will be visiting me in France at the end of the week; I'll see if I can get him to make a Peretti pitstop before his departure!
And thanks for Rumspringa. I teach German online and see the word "herumspringen" (to jump around) in there. Cheers!

Last edited:

Mr Mitsouko

Lurker
Jul 21, 2024
France
Welcome to the forum, from Southern California. I must admit, while pipophile is an intriguing word, if I had any alcohol in my bloodstream, my eyes might've read it as a similarly spelled word with a VERY different meaning. 😬

Good thing I'm staying sober tonight. Probably for more reasons than one. 🥴

Enjoy the journey!
Thank you! I get your drift, and if you google my word, that other one's most likely to crop up. In French the word pipe has the additional slang meaning of fellatio, lending a whole new connotation to Magritte's "Ceci n'est pas une pipe," love it or not! :)