PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

wales smoker

Lurker
Nov 28, 2022
Welcome! Molasses? What an interesting processes. Would the pipe be dipped in or just poured in just the bowl? What did it do?
From memory he used a bowl shaped stick, I imagine it was some sort of treacle, in fact I always give any new pipe I buy a thin coat of treacle. I find it gets rid of the initial burn briar taste.
Thanks to all the kind welcomes.

TravB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 6, 2022
Texas
Thought I would join having enjoyed the various posts the last few years. As a shall we say mature pipe smoker, sadly I won't see 75 again I still enjoy the pipe having started at 18. There was a pipe shop in Manchester where I worked for a while that had some super freestyle rejects at a low price. If you bought one the bowl was coated with molasses from a huge tub on the counter.
I have a few questions on US blends and will post soon.
At present I am smoking Merlin Flake, Hal o the Wynd and Erinmore.
Welcome, from Texas!

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Welcome from a half mile South of Bug Tussle (modern GPS maps Hamlet) in the Rosebud Community five miles west of Humansville in the State of Missouri, USA.

Yes, that Bug Tussle, home of Jed Clampett!

Ya’ll come back now, Y’hear?

Lyon0oq

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 31, 2012
New Providence, NJ
My Sir name is Reese, and my Father's side all goes back to Wales. Got to visit back in my 20's, and the first ever meetup of pipe club I started was a Saint David's Day smoke right before Covid came on the scene. Glad you decided to join us, and if you know of any Welsh pipe makers who do great work please send links!