PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabac_sammy

Lurker
Aug 21, 2021
About a month ago I got hooked in a big, bad way thanks to a longtime pipe smoking coworker. I love learning processes like this, previously I’ve learned about and developed my palate for scotch. The process of picking out flavors and aromas and associating them with common experiences is so fascinating.

I’ve got a smattering of pipes already. Dr. Grabow, some Missouri meerschaum (country gentleman is one of my best smokers), a sweet Nording partially rusticated freehand, and several Savinelli (my other best smoker is a 320). Sometimes I use a 6mm charcoal filter, sometimes a balsa, sometimes no filter.
Hello and welcome among us

Reactions: StrawBunyan

tabac_sammy

Lurker
Aug 21, 2021
snaptube vidmate
Hello and welcome among us
I’ve got a smattering of pipes already. Dr. Grabow, some Missouri meerschaum (country gentleman is one of my best smokers), a sweet Nording partially rusticated freehand, and several Savinelli (my other best smoker is a 320). Sometimes I use a 6mm charcoal filter, sometimes a balsa, sometimes no filter.

Well that's impressive

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
About a month ago I got hooked in a big, bad way thanks to a longtime pipe smoking coworker. I love learning processes like this, previously I’ve learned about and developed my palate for scotch. The process of picking out flavors and aromas and associating them with common experiences is so fascinating.

From about 25 mason jars (with 20 tins yet to be opened) I’m narrowing down my favorite blends. Rattrays HOTW is a strait forward favorite so far, Mac Baren ODF is so smooth and rich, Capstan blue navy flake is a great Va, Maltese falcon for all day English, Oak Alley is wonderfully complex, three friars blends everything so evenly, toss up between nightcap and quiet nights. Doblone d’Oro has to make the fave list as well.

I’ve learned perique heavy blends irritate my mouth. Bayou Morning flake tastes and smells great but I can’t smoke it, unfortunately. I gotta make a friend and a trade.

Anyway, if you’ve read this far thanks, and I’m looking forward hanging out.
Welcome from New York, “cough cough” I love Bayou Morning “cough cough” lmao

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma

From about 25 mason jars (with 20 tins yet to be opened) I’m narrowing down my favorite blends. Rattrays HOTW is a strait forward favorite so far, Mac Baren ODF is so smooth and rich, Capstan blue navy flake is a great Va, Maltese falcon for all day English, Oak Alley is wonderfully complex, three friars blends everything so evenly, toss up between nightcap and quiet nights. Doblone d’Oro has to make the fave list as well.

I’ve learned perique heavy blends irritate my mouth. Bayou Morning flake tastes and smells great but I can’t smoke it, unfortunately. I gotta make a friend and a trade.

Greetings from Lawrence County, TN. Nice Reishi in your avatar pic! Thems are monsters!

Daydreamer

Might Stick Around
Mar 18, 2021
Indiana

Welcome to the forums from Indiana!

Status
Not open for further replies.