PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2021
I have been a pipe smoker for 8?ish years. Took a few breaks here and there, but always make my way back. I like latakia and perique blends, though I lost my taste to covid a year ago, and now find myself somewhat fond of aromatics for the smell (I have around 50% of my smell a year post covid, which means food and pipes are once again tolerable, though vague and distant without taste). I used to blend my own, sticking mostly to my own secret recipe. For each of my groomsmen, I handmade a pipe from vermont freehand blanks, specifically with them in mind, but forgot to keep a decent pipe back for myself, and have been meaning for 6 years now. Truthfully though, my Peterson Dalkey 01, Nording cumberland billiard, and cheap basket pipe would most likely still be my go to smokes.

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Bummer about your taste, Elated. Mine came back after six days. Have the medical gurus given you any hope of its return?
In any case, I'm glad that you're here.
Welcome, from NE Wisconsin!

Nov 6, 2021
Bummer about your taste, Elated. Mine came back after six days. Have the medical gurus given you any hope of its return?
In any case, I'm glad that you're here.
Welcome, from NE Wisconsin!
Nobody has any clue, best they can say is "usually within 2 months, 95% of people withing a year" - My doctor told me last month that it might be permanent, which is the only personalized answer I've received. Not the most joy inducing response.

I spent 2 winters living in Wisconsin shortly after getting married. Loved it, still root for the Brewers. I smoked my pipe more those winters than in the years following.

• Wow
Reactions: SBC

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. Here are high hopes for restored taste/smell. That virus is a mean one. I'd like to see it go away worldwide. It sounds like you have a good set of pipes. By and by, a special edition cob with an acrylic stem and an unfinished Savinelli and/or Stanwell might be worth a look. Good info and advice here on Forums.

Jun 25, 2021
England
Hello and welcome from London.
Same as a lot of people I know, I am sure I caught covid in 2019.
it was early August, well before flu season here in the UK.
if it wasn't covid I don't know what it was. I do know it was bloody awful though.

• Wow
Reactions: anotherbob
Status
Not open for further replies.