PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrewerZach

Might Stick Around
Feb 23, 2020
Shelby, North Carolina
Hey Brewer, from the capital of The Old North State. Glad you piped up, as it were. Lots of good info, expertise, and conversation here. My dad was a Granger man, and smoked one pipe at a time, endlessly, until it burnt out, then bought another.
Oh I've been lurking for years and just decided that this is my kind of proxy hangs haha. Unfortunately my old man switched to Camels, but left me the pipes! As far as OTCs I'm a Carter Hall fan first and foremost, but nothing wrong with a good ole bowl of Granger.

Reactions: BROBS

BrewerZach

Might Stick Around
Feb 23, 2020
Shelby, North Carolina
Glad you joined the group. My brother used to race motorcycles, had a guy from Shelby that did performance work on his dirt bikes, name escapes me though.
I grew up in Greenville, SC, but I moved to Shelby to run a brewery up this way. I really do love this little town in a way. It does have a twisted charm to it

• Haha
Reactions: rushx9

BrewerZach

Might Stick Around
Feb 23, 2020
Shelby, North Carolina
Greetings as wishing you well as a responsibililty taking pipe smoker! Great to have you. Whatcha smoking and what instruments do you prefer?
Trying to break myself of stuffy old British man tobacco that I've been puffing on for weeks, so I just lit up some 4th Generation Family Reserve. I'm into almost every style and process, but I've definitely a soft spot for aros with quality leaf and more of a top note than a heavy casing. I think that's about all I can't get with. I'm an absolute lat hound and I love VA flakes, VA/Pers, and VA/ Burs? I feel like tobaccos and pipes are just as moody as we are haha. I currently have only four workhorses that are not very expensive and I spend endless amounts of money and time on collecting, blending, and pouring over literature on the leaf. Who else has this problem? Oh, and I bought a Lotus with the built-in tool kit and I'm riding the wheels off of it hahaha

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
If you like OTC Brit blends and Amphora Kentucky you may like MacBaren Old Dark Fired. It’s available in bulk and darn legit.

Reactions: kurtbob

BrewerZach

Might Stick Around
Feb 23, 2020
Shelby, North Carolina
If you like OTC Brit blends and Amphora Kentucky you may like MacBaren Old Dark Fired. It’s available in bulk and darn legit.
one of my faves, man. The bold Kentucky also rules. I've been considering breaking down and getting a pound haha. Also a big fan of the Peter Heinrichs Dark Strong Flake. Excellent stuff

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.