PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Pipke

Lurker
Aug 3, 2024
Chardon, Ohio. USA
Welcome! That's great that these were passed down to you and that they're being used. Are these all the pipes you own or do you have others that you've acquired?
There a few more, but I have not closely inspected them. Many odds 'n ends in the cardboard box where all of his pipe stuff was packed.

I recently bought a Pioneer meer and one of the many "Algerian Briar" inexpensive ($10-20 range) estate pipes off of eBay. They're still in the mail.

Reactions: AroEnglish
Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Started pipe smoking after inherting my father's old pipes. He wasn't a collector - just a pipe smoker. Have a variety of pipes:

Sasiemi Two Dot bent bulldog
GBD 9493 long shank pot (my favorite)
A beautiful bent apple stamped, REJECT
A screwed-up looking bent bullog of a Strombilt
a trio of John Bessai pipes
a corncob pipe
a calabash (my second favorite)
what I think is a turkish meer with an amber stem, broken.
another meer with a carving
other pipes...

All of these I'd call "smokers." Currently puffing on Captain Black (soggy vanilla bomb) White, Peterson Night Cap, and GLP Quiet Nights.
Welcome! Smoke and cherish those pipes! Many of us wish we had our Fathers (or Grandfather's) pipes to smoke.

My pick out of your collection would be Quiet Nights in the calabash.

Long Day.jpg

mpjetset

Starting to Get Obsessed
Started pipe smoking after inherting my father's old pipes. He wasn't a collector - just a pipe smoker. Have a variety of pipes:

Sasiemi Two Dot bent bulldog
GBD 9493 long shank pot (my favorite)
A beautiful bent apple stamped, REJECT
A screwed-up looking bent bullog of a Strombilt
a trio of John Bessai pipes
a corncob pipe
a calabash (my second favorite)
what I think is a turkish meer with an amber stem, broken.
another meer with a carving
other pipes...

All of these I'd call "smokers." Currently puffing on Captain Black (soggy vanilla bomb) White, Peterson Night Cap, and GLP Quiet Nights.
Welcome from Florida! I like calabash, too. I lost a good one somehow and am waiting for delivery of a "pre-smoked" replacement. I even ordered a pouch of Capital Black (platinum for me), even though I have tons of old VA tins and bulks on hand. The Captain goes well with a calabash gourd. I just hope nobody's smoked weed in it.

Reactions: Pipke

Pipke

Lurker
Aug 3, 2024
Chardon, Ohio. USA
Welcome from Florida! I like calabash, too. I lost a good one somehow and am waiting for delivery of a "pre-smoked" replacement. I even ordered a pouch of Capital Black (platinum for me), even though I have tons of old VA tins and bulks on hand. The Captain goes well with a calabash gourd. I just hope nobody's smoked weed in it.
The Calabash gourd was something that I thought a little pretentious, until I smoked a few bowls of an English blend like Quiet Nights through it. Now I don't care what anyone thinks. That calabash is a fine pipe!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from Carmel, CA. Please put your location in your Profile!

How: Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.

mpjetset

Starting to Get Obsessed
The Calabash gourd was something that I thought a little pretentious, until I smoked a few bowls of an English blend like Quiet Nights through it. Now I don't care what anyone thinks. That calabash is a fine pipe!
That was my thought exactly, but found one at the Newark show for pennies on the dollar in the early 1990s so couldn't say no. It disappeared sometime during a move, a hurricane, and a home renovation. My hope is that someone's enjoying it. I didn't smoke latakia or aromatics in anything but that, and they suited it. My fingers are crossed I won't have to work too hard to clean the gourd that's coming.