SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mar 26, 2023
aka ... Northern Virginia. Was a pipe smoker quite a few years ago.... hard to say how long ago! Pre-COVID for a while mostly cigars. During COVID nothing -- never a heavy smoker. Usually only smoked at local tobacconist in the lounge. Resumed smoking a few months ago, still on cigars. I am now migrating back to primarily pipes. Fortunately kept my collection so I am now rocking along!

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

Jbyrd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 4, 2023
Springfield MO
Welcome from Missouri. I was glad I kept my pipe collection through my long break as well. I have heard about a lot of people taking a break from the pipe. Most of the stories I hear like that they seem to come back with a much greater love for the pipe and tobacco world. Just my opinion. Enjoy it.

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Your experience is similar to mine. I also see the same story many times on the forum. Some guys come from cigarettes and needing nicotine. Many of us are casual smokers of pipes and cigars who take up pipes more seriously later in life. Good that you still have your collection, makes it cheaper!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey from central North Carolina, and welcome aboard. I've spent a few nights in Northern Virginia, notably at a big science policy conference during a blizzard. People took the metro to the hotel from National Airport and pretty much hunkered down. This was some time in the 90's. My cousin came one evening in her VW and we went to an Ethiopian restaurant up the street -- she still is a fearless driver and VW mechanic.

You were smart to keep your pipes. I had some years not smoking my pipes, but I kept them and still have the first one I ever bought, still smoking strong and looking great at over 40 years old.