PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MichaelDurso

Lurker
Apr 16, 2023
Missouri
Hello, fellow pipers.
I’ve been a member of a couple Facebook pipe groups, and a fellow member steered me this direction.

For the sake introduction, I smoke primarily Virginia flakes, and at the top of my list is Orlik Golden Sliced Union Square and Capstan Navy Flake. Currently smoking a bowl of Orlik in my 60’s Grabow Omega.

What are you smoking?

Jbyrd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 4, 2023
Springfield MO
Hello, fellow pipers.
I’ve been a member of a couple Facebook pipe groups, and a fellow member steered me this direction.

For the sake introduction, I smoke primarily Virginia flakes, and at the top of my list is Orlik Golden Sliced Union Square and Capstan Navy Flake. Currently smoking a bowl of Orlik in my 60’s Grabow Omega.

What are you smoking?
Welcome from Springfield Missouri. Are you near Springfield?

Reactions: MichaelDurso

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey from N.C. I went to journalism school at UMo. in Columbia my last two years of college. I did a summer newspaper internship in Neosho. My wife was born in Missouri up near the Iowa line and the Miss. River, and i met her in journalism school and we married much later in our sixties after I was a widower for ten years. She still owns the family farm in her little town which now has only about 14 people, though it is still on the map.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hello, fellow pipers.

What are you smoking?
not smoking anything at the moment. But it's mixture 79 day.

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
I’m unfamiliar with that blend. What do you like about it?

I’m on the lookout for a meerschaum like that. Never owned one. It’s about time!
Re: the blend. It's a unique burley varietal from Belgium. It's a small (one man?) Operation. Uncased and very flavorful. You can read more about it (and some reviews) here:

I love this little Meer. I only own this one (so far) but if you're shopping for one, I can say that Altinay produces a quality pipe at a reasonable price. And shipping was effortless, from order to delivery (Turkey to California) in less than a week.
@Said.ALTINAY is a member on this forum, too. Here's a link to their site: